Police Clearance Certificate

Has anyone obtained the PCC from the DC embassy?

I did it last week. Post reached them on Mar 13, got back the PCC on Mar 19

Hello! I submitted my application via mail during the first week of January but havenā€™t heard anything. Is there a way to check where they are with the via-mail applications? This will help me determine if I should use the electronic version to meet the timeline. Thanks!

That depends on your consulate most have websites with details of their process and contact information. For example this is for the SF consulate. You should be able to just give them a call during their working hours.

http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

1 Like

I meant the US police clearance certificate. I submitted my application via mail during the first week of January, right before the electronic option became available. Any further guidance on how to check where they are with mail applications will be helpful. Thanks.

The offline mode is very slow people have had to delay their applications cause of it. You can call them and check the status. If the answer is not positive then just redo the electronic version.

If you are requesting a copy, want to challenge, or are just checking on the status of a request regarding an Identity History Summary Check, please contact the FBIā€™s Criminal Justice Services Division (CJIS), Clarksburg, West Virginia at 304-625-5590 or 2000.

Called them up today (Mar. 28) and was able to get through within 2 minutes. They are currently processing Dec. 18 applications. So hopefully mine will be ready within a month. Iā€™ll start looking into the electronic version though just to be prepared.

1 Like

All,

I am looking at New York consulate. They are asking the original Passport to be mailed to them. Is this normal for other consulates also ?

Yes it is normal. You also mail them copies of last and first two pages of your passport. I think I also sent $20 money order so that they can mail me back my original passport.

How long did the process went on for ?

1 Like

I am planning to take my IELTS in July and start my application for express entry somewhere in July. Can I apply for FBI and police clearance now only. Will these clearances have any validity. If I get the clearances in June and may be I get the ITA in December. Can I still use the clearances I got in June. I am not planning to visit India anytime soon.

I got my passport back with the Police Clearance Certificate in less 2 weeks. I sent mine to Houston Office.

can you please provide detailsā€¦ I have to send to Houston consulate alsoā€¦ As you already did can you please provide list of forms and list of steps to do to get it doneā€¦
Thanks

Use this link

http://www.cgihouston.org/consular-services/miscellaneous-services/9-consular-services/37-police-clearance-certificate-pcc

The link has a list of documents that you have to send.

Thanksā€¦ in that link there is a formā€¦
Did you put designation and office address in row ā€œProfession & Business Addressā€?

Did you put Canada or USA in ā€œCountry for which Police Clearance is applied forā€?

No need to send return lablel and only money order of $20 is sufficient for return envelope?

Can i submit these together for me and spouse in single envelope with two forms or how did you do it?

I am single so I did only mine. Yes you can send yours and your spouseā€™s in single envelope.

Yes you can write your profession and address of work place.

Yes I put Canada.

Yes send $20 money order so that they can return the passports with Police Clearance Certificate

1 Like

Hi All,
Can I pick up my PCC and passport in person from the SF Indian Consulate.

Thanks
Anand

Yes, you can go pick up in person once they inform you that itā€™s arrived. Alternatively you can provide them a ā€œtrackable pre-paid return mailing envelopeā€ and youā€™ll get it in the mail. I would call them to double confirm if they have made any changes to this process that are out of sync with their website.

@anon25417004 process is the same. Got mine a few weeks ago. Honestly itā€™s easier to just go down and pick it up. Pick is between 4:00 to 4:45 PM.

1 Like

Went there today in person. Learnt a few things:

1. If you are going in person, they return your passport right away.
  2. Both spouses need to go for this. This is weird because they donā€™t want in person if you mail it in.
  3. We could have picked up the PCC in person. But we chose to get it mailed.
2 Likes