Proof of funds for Express Entry

The Express entry profile says

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:

_list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
   _list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
   _be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address).
  1. I have multiple accounts with Bank, Credit unions , car loan etc, how do I get the consolidated report?
  2. I have money invested in stocks and cryptocurrencies, will that count as part of my saving?
  3. Can I move the money out of my account after I have the certificate?

Thank You

1. You can get an individual summary document of each your bank accounts (e.g. by visiting the branch and asking for visa/immigration letter etc) that states all these details. You can then write your own summary document that sums up all your liquid funds (this is not required but advisable). To support each of your individual summary documents you can attach banks statements for the past 3-6 months. I’m not sure how thoroughly they check the statements but it’s highly advisable that you include bank statements.

2. If you have the current valuation of stocks you can include that as part of your financials. However I’m not sure if a major portion of your funds can be in stocks/bonds etc (@vik?) . A distinction can also be made between retirement savings accounts like 401k, IRA, and full-fledged stock trading accounts as one tends to be more stable and monotonically increasing (most of the time) than others.
    It’s better than you have everything “liquid”, that you can encash tomorrow and use that money. If you have sufficient funds in your bank accounts, then I wouldn’t include any stocks/cryptocurrencies (especially cryptocurrencies since it is highly speculative and can lose all its value tomorrow). If you want to convert it all to $$s and then show it in your bank accounts that’s fine, but be sure to include the transaction receipts for how you got so much money in your bank accounts all of a sudden.

3. Certificate? You mean the summary statement? Remember that you need to show your proof of funds while applying for PR, as well as during landing after you get your PR visa (could be 4-6 months from now). I would recommend keeping the funds as they are till you land and become PR.

Thank You @anshul.v.joshi
Moving stocks to $$ in account is a good idea.
I do need to take out money from my account due to personal reasons, but I will replenish the required amount by the time I will need to do landing. Is that acceptable?

BTW, what is the minimum amount that should be there in the account?

The link I sent earlier contains the minimum required.

As long as you have the minimum required amount during landing and you haven’t borrowed it from anyone that’s fine. They may or may not ask for it during landing, it’s upto the individual officer. During my landing he just asked me to tell him “how much money I have access to” and I told him and he wrote it down on my CoPR. Did not ask for any documents but it’s good to have everything in case they do.

@anshul.v.joshi: Got it!
Do we need to show documents for Car Loan?

Ummm…I don’t know for sure since I never had loans. I did show my credit card statement since technically it’s a line of credit. @vik?

Yes I did carry submit documents on my car loan. It was easy to get from the bank.

Hi All,

Do wee need to submit the Available Funds while applying for Express Entry or only when we get ITA ??

Is it ok to show a joint account with my brother ?. I have 2 individual accounts and 1 joint account.

TIA

No you need the account in the primary applicant(s) name. Please go through https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

"You can’t borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they aren’t coming with you).

If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.

If you are invited to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money."