Proof of funds for Express Entry

Hello everyone,

New member here. I got an invite last week and I am ready to submit my documents.
Just one question though.

Since the bank manager would just take a screenshot of the account balance and attest it, can I just submit 6 months statement instead of getting an official letter from the Bank?

get both the documents. Get everything you possible can, if you are not able to get the official letter.

Thanks @arun.dash90.

Hello,

I’ve posted this message also as a separate thread but putting here just so if somebody sees it here first.

I came across this wonderful community and appreciate the efforts put in by the creators and members for helping each other. I’m currently in the US, but will depart in February 2019 and land in Toronto to start my next job. The thing is that I have also received an ITA for FSW EE. For that, I’ve secured almost everything except the Proof of Funds (PoF). I’m a bit confused about how to go about with my situation and would like to know your suggestions.

I have a Bank of America checkings+savings accounts that are sufficient to cover the funds stipulated by CIC. Apart from that, I have some funds in my German bank account where I lived previously and some in HDFC NRE account, India. The HDFC bank balance is just above their minimum required balance to avoid penalties. Apart from this, I have a home loan account with LIC Housing Finance.

My questions are as follows:

1. Is it sufficient to show just the BofA funds?
  2. Will it be fine to not mention anything about my German bank account and HDFC NRE account? Or should I obtain letters for those too?
  3. What about the LIC home loan? Should I show that too? I send some money from my BofA account every month to my HDFC NRE account from which the EMI for this loan is deducted.

I hope you understand my thought process. Looking forward to your help.

Thanks!

Your questions are already answered in this thread. You should go through the earlier messages.

Hello @canada_back, could you share if you provided just BofA funds in OF requirement or other banks statement also ?

Thanks.

@usa2can I’ve not uploaded my docs yet, but I plan to show funds only from BofA. However, I’ll just list my other accounts, credit cards and loans in the LOE.

Thanks @canada_back, I plan to do the same. Good luck

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm, is it okay to just submit official letter from bank stating all details along with 12 months monthly average balance. I have the letter from Chase Bank.

Also, I have a Car on Lease, so do i need to show its details, as in how much amount left for my lease period. Is lease car considered as one of the type of loan?

Thanks in Advance!

Better to add last 6 month statements of the bank accounts also.

I have added lease details in my LOE. Don’t think you need to add it in your POF requirements.

If lease is a type of outstanding balance, than shouldn’t it be the part of POF? As in POF we need to show Bank letter/statements plus outstanding debts i.e. credit cards, loans etc.

if you go through some previous threads as well as CIC help pages, it does not specifically asks for Debts proofs.
It probably does not seem intuitive as someone can take debt and show it as proof of funds, but that’s how it is. You would not want to game the system in this case. :slight_smile:

Can you also advice on below:

Scenario:
My spouse is secondary applicant and i have only shown funds that are only in his bank account, as presently i am a house wife. Hence, I have attached affidavit of my spouse stating that he has no objection in using the funds for settlement and I have access to these funds.

So, Should i attach LOE stating the reason why I am attaching my husband bank details along with his bank official letter and 6 months statements. Or do I need to attach LOE in other section

In my opinion, you should attach the affidavit, bank letter and statements in POF section. and mention about this in the LOE separately. Other experts may also comment on this.

Thanks for the info.

1. In relation to credit card details, we have Letters from respective credit card companies stating credit card number and zero outstanding balance as of specific date.

Attaching those letters only will be sufficient or do we need to also attach 6 months credit statements ?

1. Also in affidavit or LOE is it fine to mention funds in USD (which are way above min. required after converting in CAD) or we need to state in both USD and CAD

Credit card statements aren’t required.

I had created a table with separate column for usd and cad about with exchange rate from ita day …

Hi,

Is anyone here who recently received PCC from SFO consulate. Just wanted to check their avg. time to issue the same. Thanks!

Sorry for putting this question here in this forum.

1 month

I have a query regarding the funds
My scenario is :
I have an amount X in YESBANK which is on my name for 6 months.I am the primary applicant. I opened the joined account with my spouse in SBI and I transferred the same amount from YESBANK TO SBIBANK. So my amount is in YESBANK for 6 months and in SBI for like 3 months now.
The remain amount will be transferred to SBI as a gift deed.
My question is will this be accepted
1)if I get a letter from both the banks telling the amount and number of months it was in the respective account
2)is it compulsory that the amount should be in joint account for 6 months.!?

Thanks

1. yes
  2. No

Just provide the details/statements and gift deed.

1 Like