Should I submit Express Entry profile yet?

Hi folks,

I got my IELTS results this week and have some questions on the next steps.

Currently, I have the following things

1. IELTS result (not received the mailed copy yet)
  2. WES evaluation done for me and my wife
  3. FBI clearance for both of us

I do not have

1. not applied for Police clearance certificate yet.
  2. Experience letters.

Question 1) I want to know when should I submit my Express entry profile (I started it two days back). Should I wait for all the experience letters and PCC before submitting?

Question 2) I have work experience letters from my first Job which covers three years from 2008-2011. Is that sufficient? Or do you advice to get all the experience letters uptil now?

Question 3) My kids are born in US (< 5 years), so is there any documentation needed for them?

Thanks,

1 Like

Question 1) I want to know when should I submit my Express entry profile (I started it two days back). Should I wait for all the experience letters and PCC before submitting?

Since you are in the US and FBI has recently started eDO, the US PCC should not take more than a couple of days. The Indian PCC would be handled by the consulate and again should not take too long. It depends on how much time your former employers take in furnishing the experience letters. Even if they take time or decline to provide them, you would have the option to explain this to Canadian Immigration while submitting your documents.

I noticed in another thread that your score is 453. The recent cutoffs have been in the 440s so in my opinion, you should apply for EE right away. The next cutoff is expected around March 7 so if you apply now, you might be able to qualify in that pool. After you receive the ITA, you get 3 months to submit all documents. So you have that window to work on the PCC and experience letters as well. Also, you will be able to schedule the medical tests only after you get the ITA.

Question 2) I have work experience letters from my first Job which covers three years from 2008-2011. Is that sufficient? Or do you advice to get all the experience letters uptil now?

I am not certain about this but I think you should provide experience letters for all the positions which you have mentioned in your EE profile. Only if the employer declines from providing the experience letter, you would be able to mention about that in a letter of explanation.

Question 3) My kids are born in US (< 5 years), so is there any documentation needed for them?

No idea about this.

1 Like

Thanks A lot @mrandmrs. My birthday is 6th March, so I might lose 5 more points if I apply after that.

1 Like

Yes you only need to have proof of work for the years of experience you are claiming in your application since 3 is the max for foreign work experience you will only need letters to show those.

Nothing special. You will need their passports, birth certificates and after ITA they will need to have to do the medical checkup with the whole family. There is no police clearance needed for them. Keep in mind you will need proof of funds for your family based on it’s size. If you have two kids then it would be CAD 23,181

CIC Proof of funds needed by family size

1 Like

I had a similar question. Here is my current status

Me

1. IELTS Completed
  2. WES Completed
  3. Employment Letters received

Shirali (Wife)

1. IELTS completed
  2. WES MS complete / UG Pending
  3. Employment Letter received

Here are my thoughts

1. Wait for WES to complete Shirali’s UG validation and then apply (mostly another 3-4 weeks)

2. Change WES order to MS validation only and use that report to apply. Does this reduce points? What are your thoughts?

3. What all are the documents needed? Could I create EE profile apply, and submit WES for my wife later? Or does the profile not go into the draw without both our applications completed?

Can someone provide some insight and options?

Thanks,
VR

I thought and many others told you need just highest degree ECA so you already have MS ECA from WES so you can go ahead with EE profile as that is the maximum points for Education…

You can do the following:

1. Put your profile as primary applicant in CRS calculator: your IELTS + ECA for your highest degree, along with the spouse’s IELTS and ECA for highest degree.
  2. Put your wife’s profile as primary applicant in CRS calculator for her IELTS + ECA for highest degree, along with your (spouse) IELTS and ECA for highest degree.

Whichever of these two gets the higher score, use that to create the EE profile and submit it. You both have your IELTS and ECA for highest degree so you can/should submit as soon as possible.

You don’t need her bachelors ECA if you already have her masters ECA.

Hopefully I didn’t confuse you more.

1 Like

When you say “change order to MS validation”, does this mean that you haven’t received the MS ECA yet, and the evaluating agency is waiting for UG processing before they give you this report? In that case you can change it to masters if that’s possible so you’re not waiting on the ECA.

Anshul thanks outlining the options I really appreciate it!

My thought process around that comment was

• WES has already validated her MS. When we initially placed an order for her, it was for both UG and MS. Now since her UG is pending, we could change the other with WES so that they only validate MS and provide the validation / ECA to immigration.

• I have both MS and UG validated with the report already sent to the immigration team.

My question is - do we lose points if we don’t validate our UG? or since we are putting MS as the highest degree, UG will automatically be incorporated?

Hopefully my points clarify your question.

Also for the Express Entry, what all do we need for profile creation?

• IELTS
  • ECA

Is there anything else that is needed immediately?

No you only get points for highest degree. Adding UG ECA will not increase it any further.

The minimum you need is your IELTS score along with its report number and the ECA report number to submit the EE profile.

See if WES is willing to send just the MS ECA, that might improve your points a bit if you add her in the application along with her IELTS and ECA, although it’s not mandatory for the spouse.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up.
I think switching the WES should be easy and quick. Since she already has the evaluation it makes no sense to leave any points on the table.

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: How do I know if WES completed ECA for Masters or Bachelor’s?

I have a question. Should I wait for the hardcopy to be mailed before applying for EE or online result should be good enough? Has anybody ever noticed a discrepancy between hardcopy and online test?

Can you see the report number in the online result? If yes, then you can submit, if not, then no.

1 Like

Hi Anshul just got the IELTS score online L:8.5 ,R:8 ,W:8.5, S:8.5 and below the scores in the end is TrfNumber. So is it that report number you were talking about?

Yes, the TRF number is the report number you need to enter in your EE profile.

2 Likes

Thanks @mrandmrssolapurkar . Even though Trf number is shown the online result clearly says “this provisional result shouldnt be used as official confirmation. Official test report form will be mailed on 13th day after the test.” Should I then wait for the hardcopy? Had you waited for your hardcopy before applying?

I did not get the Trf number when I was able to check my results online, I only got it when I received the hardcopy. Since they clearly say don’t use it, don’t use it.

Thanks for your response Anshul. Its better to patiently wait then :slight_smile: