Soft landing for COPR approved prior to March 18, 2020

Hi Swathy ,

did you travel… and did the soft landing …
Please share your experience how it was.

My soft landing experience here: https://www.yourcanadapr.com/canada-pr-soft-landing-experience-from-usa/

Swathy … Thanks so much so so much… You explained everything is so much detail… Mine is also AVR process… … . I am planning soft landing next year after march .
I have few questions … can you please help me answer them …

1. One question… If you are PNP candidate … is it required for you to do soft landing in that province only… Mine is Saskatchewan… and COPR is expiring in sep 2021…
  2. For AVR I am little scared as my visa stamp was expired in 2016 … but I have i797 valid till June 2022… I know many people have done it … what all documents you have to carry other than your I979 .
  3. Do the check ur i979 when u enter canada or not .
  4. For Good to follow list … do we need to give our kitchen utensils… bed, mattress details as well… I plan to carry most of my important stuff…

Thanks and Regards
Vivek Sharma

Please find my answers based on my knowledge:

1. I haven’t seen anywhere mentioning you must land in the same province. But i didn’t want to risk my first landing and that risk is not worth it. Trust me ,i have waited for PR way too long.

2. They didn’t ask for any other docs .They were super cool and already knew Avr very well.

3. They did check i797 .

4.Yes. You can mention anything in the list. I suggest you not to skip anything as long as you plan to move them.

is there a number I can reach out to you . I have couple of other questions … if you dont mind… Better to discuss on phone if that is ok with you …

you can call me on 646-575-7583 ( vivz12@gmail.com) or you can share ur number , I can call you…

I know a lot of people have been doing soft launch and have been completing it without any issues.

I am currently residing in USA, so I am exempt from ban.
So today morning I called CBSA and asked them if I can do soft launch and the officer on phone said “Hard No. You can’t come validate PR and go back to USA.”

1. Can we do soft landing using land border from USA?
  2. people who are doing soft landing, are they doing at there own risk
  3. if I go to border and tell officer that after validating COPR, I want to make a U-turn right away. Can the officer cancel my COPR?

TIA

I have talked to couple of people over multiple forums . not even single person was stopped at border . As swathy explained… be prepared for worse and schedule ur travel…
when is your COPR expiring and when u plan to go.

Hi Vivek,

I am from New Jersey and I already spoke with you over phone couple of weeks ago.

My COPR is expiring in Feb/2021 and I was planning to travel next week, but because of my small baby I am hesitant to travel, as I have to drive 26 hours(not comfortable flying). And IRCC even replied to my web form about extending COPR and PRV once we are ready to travel, hence now I am more inclined of not travelling.

My biggest fear and concern is that officer cancels the COPR for doing soft landing. Because the CBSA officer on phone said “Hard No. You can’t come to validate PR and go back to USA”.

And I am also not able to understand that if soft landing is not allowed, then how so many people are doing from USA? I also could not find a single case where soft landing was denied.

Hi All,

I am planning to do a soft landing on December 19th 2020 as my PR is expiring on January 20 2021.

Is there any way to skip the quarantine? i booked my flight ticket and planning to stay at my friend’s place. However after reading a few forums i wanted to ask if entering by Land would be better and easier? and if so easy to skip quarantine if possible?

Please provide your thoughts.

You do not want to let your CoPR expire. I know people who submitted webforms telling IRCC that they’re ready to travel back in March/April and they still haven’t received any proper response, let alone extending the CoPR.

I have the similar situation with CoPR expiring on Jan 29th. I wish I can say you can skip quarantine. I got response from IRCC which leads to IRCC webpage talking about Arrivecan app and submitting quarantine plan at POE.

I heard people are getting calls from IRCC once they enter there details in arrive can app.
Honestly you waited for so long do quarantine for 15 days to be on safer side… open your bank account so that you can book ur house when u want to go back.

Utilize the Christmas holidays

So I suspect they are not allowing people to do a soft landing.

so if ur going and staying for 15 days and coming back… then its not a soft Landing right … because I knew 2-3 people who did that .

Correct. I’m in the same situation - my COPR expires next Feb so planning to travel via road through Detroit - Windsor in the hope to do a soft landing and return to the US but that totally depends on the officer on that day at POE. So not sure to go by road or fly to Toronto.

Many Many people have done soft-landing through Detroit Tunnel… You should be good. As mentioned in one of the post… Have a 15 Days Quarantine Plan ready as a backup in case they say u cant come back same day .
Keep us posted when ever you go… All the best Brother .

Hello! I emailed the IRCC with a detailed plan of how I would like to move to Canada permanently a few weeks ago. There was no news until now and a few days ago I received a note from IRCC acknowledging my email to them stating that they are looking into the information provided and would keep us posted with the next steps. Please note my COpr expired in May 2020 and I had informed the IRCC that I would be unable to travel due to pandemic. This morning - I received a note from IRCC stating my application status has been updated only to find out that that they have requested new medical records.

1 Like

Hi @Rpan,

Thanks for the info.
Which country are you from?
Do you mind sharing the VO?
On which email address did you send to IRCC? And how many weeks did IRCC take to reply?

Hello! I am not sure what do you mean by VO?

I used the Web form to send them a message. It took approximately 4-5 weeks for them to reply.

Hi @Rpan,

Ok. Thanks.

VO - Visa Office
And which country are you currently residing in?