Submitting passport for PR visa stamp

The status that you see in the CIC profile is normal, that’d not change. But if you are not able to find the attachment or any table at the bottom of the email, you can drop an email to IRCC or create a case related query and get the Annex A from IRCC.

We did not get any Annex forms and we had applied from India too. Our passports were stamped and CoPRs were sent to us without any issues.

This is a relief to know. Because I’ve already sent my passport. I came to know about annexe A only on this forum. When I think back, they didn’t ask for it even at vfs where I went to submit my passport. Thank you for responding. Maybe this annexe thing is something they’ve stopped?

Hi. You’ve been very helpful in the past and thank you for that :blush:. I sent my passport office 25th August through the designated vfs center. Received text message on 26th August saying passport has been received at Delhi. Post that, nothing. Most people here have said they received the stamped passport and the copr within two weeks. My two weeks are up on coming Monday (today is Saturday). I have 3 questions.

1. Did you receive yours exactly within 2 weeks?
  2. If one doesn’t, what could be the issue?
  3. Is there anything I can do about it?
  1. Did you receive yours exactly within 2 weeks?
    No, there’s no such time commitment I think. I called them after 14 days and the agent mentioned that my passport went for printing. After that she mentioned that call us again if you don’t receive the passport after two more weeks. So, I assume four weeks is the SLA from IRCC to receive, approve, and send the passport back to the applicant.

2. If one doesn’t, what could be the issue?
    I don’t think there’s any such issue. It’s purely a patience game. I do understand however that it’s not easy to seat patiently. I am going through the same situation. You can check http://myimmitracker.com/ this website and follow PPR stamping timeline for specific CPC centers.

3. Is there anything I can do about it?
    You can call IRCC and understand what’s the status of your approval. I’d suggest that. But, two to three weeks is perfectly normal for IRCC.

Ours processed in exactly 14 days.

The processing volume might be high so it might be delayed by a few days.

I am not sure what can be done about it from your end. You can try checking with VFS on the status or reach out to NDVO directly.

My husband was issued an Annex A because his passport had to be sent to Ottawa since he was in the US. Annex A asks for the return address where they mail the stamped passports to US. I send mine through VFS India. I didn’t require any forms.

Thank you!
I finally got my passport duly stamped and the COPR documents. A couple of questions again.

1. I have received 2 copies of the COPR. The content on both the documents is exactly the same except that 1 has my picture on it and the other doesn’t. Why 2 documents? Why one with picture and the other without?
  2. Written across both copies of the COPR document is “Not Valid for Travel”. What does this mean?
1 Like

Thank you!
I finally got my passport duly stamped and the COPR documents. A couple of questions again.

I have received 2 copies of the COPR. The content on both the documents is exactly the same except that 1 has my picture on it and the other doesn’t. Why 2 documents? Why one with picture and the other without?
Written across both copies of the COPR document is “Not Valid for Travel”. What does this mean?

One copy is kept by the officer when you enter the country and one is for your record. You need to keep it safe, at least until you get your PR cards.

I think you can’t travel by air more than once on CoPR. So when you go out of Canada and want to re-enter, you would need your PR cards or PRTD.

Yes, you are correct. The immigrant visa on the passport is cancelled by the immigration officer once one lands in Canada. The CoPR is a valid document to prove immigration status unless PR card is received. For traveling PR card or PRTD is required.

Hi, I have received PPR email on October 4 to send passports, photos, return envelope & Annex A for which I have sent on October 10 (delivered) to Ottawa office…still waiting for stamped passports & COPR. I tried calling them on 613-944-4000 but not forwarding to IRCC.

Please kindly suggest me what can I do from my end to check the status.

Hi @dileep_ch,
Our passports were delivered on October 9 to Ottawa office. Still waiting for the passport and COPR. I do not think there is much we can do, other than wait. Hopefully, we get it within this week. Let us know when you get yours. All the best.

Sure…thank you

Hi All, Let me explain my situation. I have sent my docs on Oct 10 for stamping and still waiting.
As I am moving to new location, I went to Fedex to redirect the delivery to my new address. Then they figured out that the original return envelope didn’t have commercial invoice to it. So, they advised me to cancel the old one and created new return envelope with new address and commercial invoice. I have just sent this new return envelope, Annex A with new address and a short letter with my details to Ottawa office. Also, I have submitted a webform attaching the return label, Annex A and explanation letter.

Please kindly suggest me if this is good or should I do anything to reachout to them.

Finally got passports with PR visas & COPRs… :smile:

just got it…

Hi dileep_ch,
I have sent my commercial invoice with the return label, but it turns out that the label belonged to my onward shipment instead of return shipment. Would it help if I send the correct invoice through the webform?

@truseju
Hi I am in a similar boat. Need help.
hi guys, I have submitted my documents while I was in India (mid Feb) and recently only like 2 weeks ago I moved to the USA (Atlanta). I just received the letter (with Header saying Primary Office: Montreal Immigration, and footer saying Immigration section New Delhi) PPR requesting passports within 30 days. But in the letter it is mentioned to refer https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ for passport transmission instructions. This takes me to VAC in countries that are outside North America.

Where as I know that people in USA would be asked to send to CPC OTTAWA address directly instead of VAC in USA (New York / Los Angeles).
When i called the VAC customer care in USA, the representative mentioned that it is Ok to send the package to VAC Newyork /Los Angeles).

What are your thoughts on this ? I am preparing to send to VAC New York.
Should I request for a revised PPR letter ?

Can you help me explain how the revised PPR letter looked like for you?

Regards,
Venkata Mujje