Travelling to India and getting married after AOR

Thank u sir. i will try gcmsbuddy. i also want to know that in our type of cases is crs is recalculated or not. is there any declared instructions for it.

Actually I am processing my application with Registered agent in India so whether there is need to register on gcmsbuddy and getgcms?..whether my visa agent will be able to get me those notes?

Hi,
I initially applied for PR and then added my wife as dependent, while my application is in progress. We are now waiting for biometrics request for my wife.

Hopefully, if all goes good and we both get PRā€¦Is my wifeā€™s PR dependent on me ?
I mean can she go and work in Canada without me going to Canada ?
Thanks.

@Prasan @LP6440 @azim1545 @harnek @rishikeshuk492

Assuming this is express entryā€¦ your wife can land either with or after you. Once landed you are both PRs without any depndency on each otherā€™s status.

As primary applicant you will need to land with or before her. You can always do the landing and come back before establishing permanent residence.

2 Likes

Hello guys,
need urgent help. How do you combine and send all the details ? Especially the imm0008, imm5669e, imm5562e, etc. forms like those. Please help me out.
Thanks!

Hi guys,

Need help.

I got married after I received COPR but before landing so I informed CIC about my marriage and they asked me to submit documents to add my spouse.
I submitted all documents which CIC acknowledged and now requested to submit her medical and biometrics which we submitted.

My (Principal applicant) COPR expires in March 2020 and I guess they will ask for medical after it expires which is fine.
My question is what will be the new COPR extension date ? Will CIC give a random extension like 1-3 months or extension date as per my spouse medical or my re- medical?

One weird thing on my file, I got request for submitting my spouse documents, meds etc but I still havenā€™t heard back from CIC to submit my passport and COPR for cancellation. Is that a worry?

Thank you so much for taking to reply to questions posted my members on this forum. Really appreciate that!

Yes they will extend your copr expiry date even they will extend medicals expiry date as they had done for me.

Send them a webform query regarding your copr return and see what they reply.

Hope this helps!

I used online pdf merge to submit mjne

Crs score will not be recalculated for spouse addition after AOR

Hello Prasan,

Thank you so much for your reply.

I have sent webform query and told them about my case and asked by when I would get my copr extended.

What about COPR return ? I did not return my old COPR and my passport yet and CIC did not ask me to return my COPR when I notified them about my marital status change.
At what point do they ask us to return it ?

Thanks!

Not sure. In my case I never had a COPR till I added my wife.

I returned by old COPR when I was asked to resubmit my passport for a new visa. I donā€™t think it really matters, but you can send it back with your passport with a cover letter. They gave me a new visa stamp (with updated marital status) and also didnā€™t bother to cancel the old one.

BTW in my case my COPR date was ā€œmagicallyā€ extended to match my spouseā€™s expiry date.

No need to worry. Itā€™ll all work out.

So you sent the passport and old COPR to them before your previous visa and COPR expired ?

In my case, my COPR expired last month so iam just waiting for them to request my passport for visa stamp and hopefully they will give new COPR till my spouse medical expiry date.

Before expiry.

Your old copr and visa are no longer considered valid when they reopen your file and add your spouse. So no need to worry about them

Hi All,

Do you know if there are any delays in the processing of the applications due to ongoing issue of Covid?

Thanks,
Divya

Hi @prasan @LP6440 ! Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. I am in the same boat currently and reading your responses has been very helpful.

Quick ques: My marital status changed after my application was approved and after I was asked to mail my passport for stamping. Once I informed them of the same, I was asked to provide docs for adding my wife to the app and the request letter specifically asks to upload the docs and the receipt of the processing fee to MyCIC account.

However, there is no option to upload the documents anywhere on MyCIC account. All the documents under View submitted application or upload documents tab are in read-only mode, with no option to upload more docs, perhaps because my application was already submitted and the documents I need to upload now correspond to adding my wife to my application.

Could you please suggest how should I upload the requested documents? Is WebForm enough? I was worried since the letter specifically asked to upload on MyCIC account. If they need to be necessarily uploaded to MyCIC account, could you please suggest how?

I sent the documents in three separate web form queries :grinning: I would recommend the same to you but please make sure to follow up and ensure they received all of them

2 Likes

Thanks @prasan! Iā€™ll upload via web form and hopefully that should be good. I am way off from the 30 days deadline, but I had earlier reached out to them to extend the deadline because arranging documents like police certificate, etc., has been very difficult due to Covid situation.

1 Like

Iā€™m sure they will be accomodate it due to the current situation

Hello all,

A quick questionā€¦
I added my wife to my in-progress PR application and did submit all her documents. She received a biometrics request letter to be submitted by 2020-06-30 (date including extended 90 days due to COVID).
However I couldnā€™t get an appointment with in the deadline as all centers were closed due to the pandemic. She just submitted her biometrics today (08/14). Do you think we should inform IRCC about the delay ?

Also, What will be the next steps and possible timelines ?
Doesnā€™t have to be concrete, but may be your experience will help us.

Thank you so much.

Tagging a few here, so you get a notification.
@prasan @LP6440 @ak45 @azim1545 @harnek @rishikeshuk492 @merajhasan10