WES evaluation for SCDL (Symbiosis Institute of Distance Learning)

If institute appears in the list of Wes then usually they recognize it…u can call them and they will say same abt appearing in list…or email them to confirm again abt particular institute… Otherwise try IQAS or BCIT or others which perhaps approve all distance learnings also but take much longer time than wes

WES By default will use the name on the transcript if you need them to use the name on your passport you will have to send over a copy of it and ask them to use that name. I would stick to the name on your passport.

SCDL is UGC recognized so WES Canada should be fine with it. But it is unclear what it evaluates to. From what I know people have had success going with ICAS for distance education. These usually evaluate to a post bachelors diploma. Below is the list of what ICAS recognizes.

1. Qualifications awarded by institutions which were recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) at the time of admission

2. Progs recognized by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) at the time of admission

3. Distance education progs recognized by the Distance Education Council (DEC) or UGC at the time of your admission

4. Qualifications awarded by State Boards of Technical Education

@anon25417004 Does a post bachelors diploma/certificate have to be of a minimum duration( like 12 months) in order to get points ?
I am talking about the kind of scenario with one bachelor’s(B tech) and one certificate course(with transcript).

It’s up to WES Canada to evaluate it. This is what the CRS points system says about this. It seems the the certificate would work and provide you with a total of 25 points. If you get a CLB 9 in the IELTS then that would become 50 points.

Two or more post-secondary prog credentials AND at least one of these credentials was issued on completion of a post-secondary prog of three years or longer

1 Like

Hey @Venkatesh

Did u get a final verdict from WES on SCDL PGDBM scoring that it qualifies for claiming " “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees."

I am keenly interested in this as i have similar situation for my wife.

Reply here or at rohitsheen@gmail.com

Thanks mate!!

Yes i did get a response from SCDL. They did not recognize the degree. I have applied for IQAS also. Have not heard from them yet.

@venkatesh.vaidyanath
Hi… I’m also in the same situation. I have done my 3 years bachelors’ and then PGDBA from scdl. Please let me know if this gets recognised by IQAS.

Sure will do. It normally takes about 10 to 12 weeks to get a response from IQAS. I had applied for the ECA in the 1st week of June. It took them almost 4 weeks to open my envelope to start the processing. I am excepting a response by end of October. Will keep you all posted.

2 Likes

Hi Venkatesh,

i have the similar case. I have 3 years of bachelor degree in commerce, along with PGDBA from SCDL. I am also not sure if this PGDBA will be considered for CRS calculation or not. If I count this as YES - my CRS score shows to 444 (considering IELTS score as 8), but if this PGDBA considered as NO - my score goes drastically down to 411. I would highly appreciate if you can share you contact details (email address, phone number etc) so that i can contact you for more discussion. i can be reached at 8010639284, or suri.bisht06@gmail.com. I also wanting to ECA through IQAS.

You can reach out to me at venkatesh.vaidyanathan@gmail.com.

@sherie: I have a similar case. Did you get the answer?
I have a 4 years Bachelor degree along with 1 year post graduation certificate from SCDL. Does ICAS or IQAS consider this as “Two or more certificate/Diploma/Degree…” ?

Hi all,

I have received a response from IQAS. They have evaluated the PGDBA from SCDL and recognized it and it is equivalent to a University Diploma degree from Canada.

Please dont apply to WES. They are not recognizing the degree.

Thanks

Hi Venkatesh, Congrats for clearing your ECA with flying colors.

I did my B.Tech in Mech Engg (2006-10) and PGDBA from SCDL (2013-15)

Should I apply for ECA from ICAS or IQAS ?

Hi venkatesh,

I also did a pgdba in finance from Scdl in 2008 to 2010. Which year did your wife compete the course? It will v helpful if you could reply, am v worried.

Thanks,
Deepika

Hello all,

I have received my report today from WES. They did not recognize my PGDIT from Symbiosis. So don’t go to WES for recognizing anything from symbiosis.

1 Like

I have few questions on education evaluation please help me if you could

I did my BE and got it evaluated from WES

Since i couldn’t achieve required score I am planning to do SCDL PGDHRM distance course (1.5 years duration) course and get it evaluated from IQAS

Now I have 2 questions

1. Whether IQAS evaluates PGDHRM course?

2. Once evaluated, should I select “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees” in express entry profile?

(I have already selected 4 year degree and created an express entry profile)

I have completed her PDGBA & PGDSCM from Symbiosis Institute of Distance Learning (SCDL) post Bachelors of Engineering . I verified that SCDL is getting listed within WES as a recognized institution once I create a profile and search for an institution to select. I found in few forums that they had listed that WES is not recognizing PGDBA & PGDSCM degree from SCDL. Have anyone got approval or denial from WES for credential evaluation request submitted for SCDL degree?

Hi @venkatesh.vaidyanath

I have done my 3 years Bachelors, PGDBA from SCDL and 1 year full program in PGPBA from Praxis Business School.

So Should I send all the 3 certificates for verification.

I see that WES doesn’t recognize PGDBA from SCDL. should I send it WES or IQAS?

Kindly Reply.
TIA
Abhishek

Hi, I have done Bcom, Mcom from Kerala University and PGDBA from scdl. Whether it is better to send all eca request to IQAS or Bcom, Mcom from Wes and PGDBA from IQAS? May be it’s a foolish question but would like to know. Or can we send all three to Wes and IQAS? Or only bcom & mcom needs to be validated and ignore pgdba from symbiosis?