B.H.M.S degree validity

Hi Dr snehal
I appreciate your help you put on forum. I am BAMS Graduate from MUHS.
I want to ask ,do we have to courier two separate packages to IQAS one with transcript from UNIVERSITY And second package of form,passport,payment receipts ??
Or sending all documents with sealed transcript in one big package from university will do? TIA
Regards
KB

Hello have you applied for PR under express entry.

Hi Everyone,
Myself Lakshminarayanan. I have BHMS as my degree followed by MSW - Masters of Social Work as PG. Will I be able to process my ECA through WES, as its mentioned that WES will be evaluate Indegenuous medicines. However having MSW degree will able to cross this barrier, as I am applying for PR in line with Social work and I have 8 years of work working with hospital social work.
Need your inputs on this.

Hi, Revan.
Could you please help me understand whether post grad certificate from III are evaluated by III.
Also if you could help me understand step by step process for application of PR.

Hi Rashmi,
That’s great.
I am applying for Canadian PR. Could you please help me with step by step process for ECA and EE.
Thank you in advance

Regards,
Manav

Hi Revan,
At the outset would like to congratulate and appreciate you on your efforts to help and guide the BHMS fraternity.
Would seek your guidance on EE application of Canadian PR.
Could you please help me with in detail step by step process for application.
If possible, kindly share your email id / Phone no. to connect.

I have received transcript from college , filling the online IQAS application form.

Need to timely support.

Regards,
Manav.

Hi Revan,

My name is Priti and i have sent my doubt regarding to fill the online application of IQAS to this mail address- rockyrevan82@gmail.com.

Also please inform whether M.D.( Alternative Medicine)- correspondence course done from IBAM, Kolkata is valid to get evaluated as per canadian education credential. Please inform as tomorrow, i want to need to fill the online form of IQAS.
I will be thankful to all in advance whoever answers my doubt and guide me.

Thank you very much for starting this topic. This has helped me a lot getting required information. Based on collective knowledge of members in this topic I have successfully received ECA evaluation of BHMS degree from IQAS for my wife. Although physical copy is yet to be received online application shows evaluation complete and it translates to Bachelors degree with focus in Homeopathic medicine and surgery.

Thanks again.

Dear Dr. Saajan,

I have completed my BHMS from MUHS in 2009. My husband is the primary applicant and currently our CRS score is 462. After I applied for the ECA at WES, I read on several forums that WES does not provide BHMS any Canadian education equivalence and that put us in a shock.

I have just joined this forum and read your post about WES considering BHMS and that is great news. My WES ECA is going to be completed by December 2nd.

With your successful ECA from WES, are you considered as a bachelor’s degree holder in the express entry system? If not, please let me know what education level you stand in the express entry system. And, should I as a BHMS bachelor’s degree holder also remain hopeful to receive a similar Canadian Equivalency Summary?

Please do revert as soon as possible; I hope you can understand how crucial my ECA is going to be in our case. If I am considered as a bachelor’s degree holder, our score will be 470 and for sure that will get us an ITA.

The WES had written under my credentials as “4 years of post secondary education with a focus in homeopathic medicine and surgery” which as per immigration lawyers is not a proper definition as they dint used the word BACHELORS anywhere,and i had mailed WES as well about this and they had replied by saying that “since Canadian education system doesn’t have any homeopathic degree or certificate course in their curriculum therefore WES cant compare it to a bachelor degree in canada(or they cant use the word BACHELOR), so i went on with the IQAS to do my credentials, and it took 5 months time peroid(date of submission of transcripts 31 may 2019 and credential certificate recieved on 6th nov 2019) and great news IQAS did my credentials and replied with a positive ECA with proper mention " canadian equivalency to a bachelor’s degree in homeopathic medicne and surgery” so yeah IQAS is the real deal, best wishes

Thanks Dr. Sajan.

According to your immigration lawyer, if not as a bachelors degree holder, are you able to claim any points in the express entry system with whatever ECA you received from the WES?

Lastly, is it possible for you to upload your complete WES ECA report (you can shade your personal information)?; I would like to check with our lawyer for my case. Since I am not a primary applicant, having a bachelor’s degree is not mandatory for me and if I get a similar ECA as yours from WES and if that fetches me any points ranging in between that of 12th standard and a bachelor’s degree, it would still help us a lot.

And congratulations for your IQAS ECA.

Thanks Dr. Saajan.

1. On your WES ECA report, under the CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS of BHMS, is there any remark such as “The credential is not comparable to a completed Canadian education credential”?

2. According to your immigration lawyer, if not as a bachelors degree holder, are you able to claim any points in the express entry system with whatever ECA you received from the WES?

3. Lastly, is it possible for you to upload your complete WES ECA report (you can shade your personal information)?; I want to check with our lawyer for my case. Since I am not a primary applicant, having a bachelor’s degree is not mandatory for me and if I get a similar ECA as yours from WES and if that fetches me any points ranging in between that of 12th standard and a bachelor’s degree, it would still help us a lot.

And congratulations for on your IQAS ECA.

you may whatsaap me on 09872355068 , will share there.

Happy to hear that IQAS is recognising bhms, I completed bhms from NTR university please let me know if NTR university is listed under WES

Hi all,

This is my first message in this community. I did my BHMS from University of Kerala and MD (Homoeopathy) in Organon of Medicine from West Bengal University of Health Sciences. I submitted my documents and transcripts to IQAS in September 2019 and received my ECA today. According to IQAS, BHMS is equivalent to Bachelor’s in Canada. However, no equivalency was mentioned for MD (Homoeopathy), presumably because there is no equivalent for it in Canada. This is my ECA from IQAS -

Hi Guys! Has anyone got education an evaluation equivalent to masters in homeopathy for their BHMS and MD Degrees from any agency for Canada?
Thank you.

hello dr satnam singh. i’m Dr Anshu bhalla. i completed BAMS from Guru Ravidas Ayurvedic University in 2016. Doctor could u please let me know about the procedure of getting univ. transcripts from university ? and do they do the translations of subjects in english ? and what are the the courses bams graduate can opt to take in canada

Hello everyone
I completed BHMS from Gujarat. Does BHMS equivalent to Canadian degree according WES evaluation??? If anyone knows please let me know.
Thank you

Hi Nisha
I want to know about BHMS evaluation. How much time IQAS will take for degree evaluation? Did you tried with WES or not? I want my educational credentials for immigration purpose. Please let me know. I will appreciate your help.
Thank you

IQAS replied that there is no equivalent for MD (Homoeopathy) in Canada due to which they cannot give masters equivalent.