Background Check taking more time than usual

GCMS notes might help you to check the status of your application.
80% of applications are processed with in 6 months.
If the processing time takes more than 6 months, you can contact IRCC.

you can get gcms notes from applygcms

1 Like

we ordered in nov …as per GCMS everything looks okay but background and security hasn’t started.

we will order another set this month.
On contacting IRCC , its a general reply that some applications take time.

Hi!!

Can you please send the link where you apply for GCMS notes. The GCMS notes application in the CIC website says that it cannot be applied by Residents outside Canada. Just FYI, I live in India.

I am sorry to bother you if the link is already available elsewhere in the forum. I could’nt find it. Thanks in Advance!!

https://www.getgcms.com/ u can order through this website

Refer for more info

You can get your GCMS notes from https://www.applygcms.com/order-pricing.html

HI,

I had applied for my E- PR application Express entry through PNP ( I already got nominted) in from Ontario on July 28th 2018. I called them and asked where is my application process standing and they told me that they are reviewing my eligibility requirements and Processing my background check since September. I have passed the medical exam and Security Check. I am wondering any who had sent in their application during the same time where does their process stand.

Thank you,
Jon

Submitted app September 11th.
Got PPR today, January 15th.
Only status change I got in between was ‘Medicals Passed’.
Stay optimistic y’all.

10 Likes

Congratulations. Thank you for the update.

Congrats @acheema. How much time was between AOR and Medical passed?

@acheema

Congratulations, did you have any dependents on your application ?

That’s great news! Can you please give ur timelines and also type of application and number of dependants

CRS: 1038 (OINP)
Marital Status: Single
Dependents: 0
AOR: Sept 12th
Medicals Passed: Oct 12th
PPR: Jan 15th
COPR: Jan 25th

I used a law firm for the full EE process (canadavisa.com people), saves a lot of trouble.
For COPR, I went straight to New Delhi VFSGlobal and paid for the premium package thing.
They took care of everything else.

2 Likes

Congrats @acheema

Congrats and thanks for the update!

Thnx a lot for the info @acheema

Congrats… thanks for the update.

Hope this is helpful. A friend of mine found this on a forum.
Mine Aug 25 AOR.
IP1

4 Likes

Hi All,
I got my AOR on 11 Oct 2018 (me and my spouse applied). On Nov 22, I got a request letter from CIC saying that “Please note that we have not received all of the results of your medical examination. Please contact the Panel Physician who conducted your medical examination to ensure all required tests were completed and that there are no outstanding requirements left to complete”
I contacted the hospital and they replied to me with screen shot confirming that they have successfully uploaded all medical reports on their cic portal. I replied back to CIC with the same screen shot on Nov 28 2018. Now its been around 2 months. My CIC account shows as below:

What is worth noticing is that at the same time it says “We are reviewing results of your medical exam” and “We are processing your background check. We will send a message if we need more information”.

Has this or something similar happened with anyone else. I am a bit worried, its been over 3 months and technically my medical hasn’t yet passed.

The hospital needs to reach out to eMedical tech team in Australia (rather than CIC). Only after the eMedical team in Australia confirms that everything is fine, should you reach out to CIC again.
Usually if the upload was fine, medicals are approved soon after.

1 Like

thanks. I have applied for Canada express entry PR. Your comment mentions “Australia”. Is it a typo?