Background Check taking more time than usual

Agreed!!
Check apply GCMS

People should be careful using random sites to order their GCMS. Their personal information can be stolen. You already spent thousands of dollars in this process. Spend a couple of 100 to get a real lawyer who is a member of ICCRC.

Agreed again.
Do not use random sites. and Protect your personal information.
FYI: applygcms.com is managed by a member of ICCRC, RCIC

There is not name or any other details mentioned on applygcms.com. Do you know the people behind them?

I have submitted my application in March 2018 , recently i have requested for the status through web forms(twice) and got a reply as “the decision has been made on your application and the concerned office will contact you by mail or email”.

I waited for few days and contacted through web form again and this time got a reply as the application is still in process.

I have submitted my last document(new born baby passport) in October 2018 , after that there is no response from them till now.

Update: I uploaded the new medical through web form and got a reply within 48 years. This is what they said:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:

• Medical_new.pdf

We have forwarded it and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.

If further information is needed during the processing of the application, the responsible office may contact you.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

Sounds like it worked. This was what I wanted :slight_smile: Now hopefully, my application will progress ahead.

when you apply the details are in form, who is a member of ICCRC

I don’t know. I would not use them till I can know the people behind it. They need to put it on the About Us Page.

I have been waiting for 7 months now.

My e-PR got an ADR on the 2nd month, I replied right away with my travel history.

I got my GCMS notes today from ApplyGCMS.com and It says my e-PR is pending review (5 months now). The status for Background check is still saying it is in progress.

It seems we’ve been put into some backlog that they are not reviewing fast enough.

1 Like

@mrandmrs: What source did you use to request GCMS notes?

Thank you for the quick response @macr. We were thinking about ordering GCMS notes today and wanted to confirm how good applygcms.com was.

I’m glad to see I’m not the only one whose application is delayed. I was starting to think it was a bad indication.

I applied for my PR (Canadian Experience Class) on July 23, 2018.

I got my medicals approved on August 17, 2018.

I’m still at “We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information” even though I should have heard back on January 23, 2019.

I submitted a web inquiry and their response was:

We verified the information you provided and are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with your application.

All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

I applied to a work permit extension back in November so I could legally keep working in Canada while I waited for my PR. This whole process is very stressful and frustrating.

1 Like

@majomcr I got exactly a similar response when I submitted a web inquiry and they responded on Dec 21 2018

Sir,

This application is in queue for review. An exact review schedule is not yet available. However, all applications are reviewed in the order in they are received.

At the moment, no further action is required on your part.

Please note that our office cannot provide you with an update of case status by email on a regular basis, but rest assured that we will contact you for the next stage of the processing of your file.

MXICOIMMIGRATION

We used getgcms.com. It was well recommended on other forums and looked more secure than the other sites so I used them and they were very prompt and professional.

1 Like

As for CSEs, we have raised them thrice for an update. All three times were after the 6-month timeframe. The first time, we got the following response:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

You will find below useful information that we hope will help understand the process and current status of your application for permanent residence:

• The responsible office is currently verifying if your application meets the eligibility requirements under the immigration program for which you have applied,

• you may be contacted via your account if additional information is needed.

• The background verifications are currently in process.

Although the delay may vary, rest assured that we are making the necessary efforts to finalize your application within established processing times.

Please consult our website for more information on what to expect after you apply and how you can verify the status of your application in your account.

And the other two times the response was identical but it was different from the one we received the first time.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information provided and can confirm that your application is still in process.

While the processing times may vary with each case, we will make all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible.

Rest assured that we will communicate with you once a decision is taken.

These responses just seem to be provided from existing templates so they aren’t of much use.

1 Like

Thank you! Did you just get e-GCMS?

Yes, we got e-GCMS notes. We are planning on applying for the CBSA notes soon since it’s been almost 10 months now since our AoR and we want to know if there is additional security screening happening with our application and where it’s stuck.

1 Like

HI,
I am in the similar state. I applied for my PR on July 28th under Provincial nominee and I had applied for my extension of work permit and received it December. Its been 6 months yesterday and still haven’t heard back.

thank you,

J

@majomcr @Jonathan I must say that I also lived in Canada with a work permit and then an extension but I had to leave and then I received a PNP nomination and applied to PR from abroad.

I have been waiting for 7 months now like I said above.

I ordered through applygcms.com a couple of times.
It was fast, and they responded to my emails quickly.
would definitely recommend