Background Check taking more time than usual

Hi Guys, I am happy to share with you all that we got an email this morning for passport request.

AOR: Nov 2
Medical Passed : End of Nov
IP2: Early Jan
Passport Request: Feb 28

Thank you everyone for the support and the guidance !!

4 Likes

Congratulation ChinC,

Did you get any ghost updates the day before or just a passport request email?

@zi2010 Thank you !!
No ghost emails, just the passport request email.

2 Likes

Congratulations ChinC, for this wonderful achievement!!

Can you please let me know your case?like if you have applied along with any dependents or you are single, your visa office , if you have stayed in some other country apart from your home country for some time etc…As I got my AOR on 13th October and my case is in IP2 stage from 22nd Dec but I have not received any updates yet from CIC.

Where did you apply from and can you post your application time line if possible?

Hello @Soni and @shadowz ,

Here’s the rough timeline and overview of my application.

• AOR: Nov 2
  • Medical Passed : End of Nov
  • IP2: Early Jan
  • Passport Request: Feb 28
  • Applied with 1 dependent (Wife).
  • Home Country: India
  • Current country: US
  • PR Applied from US
  • Never lived in any other country other than current country and home country. I have visited some countries but just for a vacation.
  • Visa office : Ottawa (I think)

Regards,
Chin C

1 Like

I don’t tink it’s necessary to address the envelope. The courier service will seal it up before sending it eventually but if you feel like you should then go ahead dear. As long as you get ur PR in no time​:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:. That’s all that matters.:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

Received AOR on August 17th 2018 and Medical passed on September 8th and after that no status change and since then the background check field says :We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Since the application processing went beyond 6 months, does that mean the chances of rejection are high or anything i need to be concerned about since it is taking long time? My profile is straightforward and i have submitted all the required documents and the only mistake i made is initially i showed 15k USD but after couple of months the balance dropped to 8k but I was back to 15k so not sure if that is something that has impacted my application in negative way ? Would appreciate any responses to the scenario I am in.

Order gcms notes there r many people waiting longer than u so stay strong

My aor is may 7

So many in the same situaution … Patience game it is

Yeah in process of requesting GCMS notes. One of my friends who exactly had same profile got the PPR email in 35 days so was little worried why my application is taking long time. Yeah i think all that is needed now is patience. Also, do we have anyone on this thread who got the PPR email after 7 months?

9 days ago, I have submitted web form and i got below reply same day and did not get any other response after that. Any idea how many days it takes to get the response for the webform submitted?

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application status and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

You may order GCMS notes safely from Apply gcms to check your status

Let us know if you get a reply to the email and if you are sending the usual mail, let me know how that goes too. Our medicals are expiring in 2 days and no activity on the CIC front yet.

I finally requested CBSA notes but they will take 2 months to arrive. Don’t know if they’ll be of any use by then but the GCMS notes don’t mention anything about security screening so there was no point in reordering them.

Hi All,

I am new to this portal. I received E-AoR on 4th August 2018 and medical test was passed in approx 4 weeks.
There is no update after that. I am an Indian national residing in United Arab Emirates. Is there anyone who can guide me on the cause of these delays.

Thanks

order GCMS notes to get more info about ur application

You. An order GCMS notes safely from Apply gcms to check the status/processing of your application.

I just sent them a mail and they replied that my file is under review and additional verifications are reqd …this is a common revert they have sent to many candidates … There is a blog on canada visa which has quite a few applicants witj a long delay … As per tbat blog people who had march 2018 aor and similar thing background check in progress for long are recieving their ppr mails in last week … Mine was in may 2018 aor so i feel it will come .

Also many ppl had their medicals expired and cic never asked them to repeat the medicals so hold tight it will come if nothing in gcms notes

It’s reassuring in a way. There was someone on MovNorth too with March AOR who was still waiting. I am wondering whether they got their PPR. Any idea how much time these people were given to land in Canada since their medicals had expired? I haven’t been very active on the other forums and here recently so uncertain about what’s currently going on.

Anyway, I am hoping that our PPR comes before the CBSA notes. It’s getting really annoying now. I wish they would at least respond to CSEs about where the application is in the pipeline; not knowing that is absolutely frustrating.

Indeed its becoming very frustating… I am not sure of how many days these guys got to land in canada … But i feel that would be apprecaibly decent .

What are the cbsa notes … I have no idea what these cbsa notes are … Have applied for my gcms though …

Please keep me updated tio if you get any further insight .

From what I have read elsewhere, in GCMS notes the security details are retracted. Since our application is taking too long, it is probably stuck in security screening. So to get the details of what is being checked and where it might be stuck, we ordered the notes from CBSA (Canada Border Services Agency) this time instead of just GCMS.

I am hoping these notes will provide some additional info but the problem is that CBSA provides these notes only through regular mail and not online so it takes upto 2 months to receive the notes.