Background Check taking more time than usual

It is relief that people from March 2018 are getting PPR now and lets hope we get ours too soon. Not sure if it is fair thing to kind of pick random people for Security screening and not providing any updates for months. It would be really helpful if we can get some kind of monthly updates when someone is picked for long security screening. @mrandmrs: Can you share the instructions to order CBSA notes please.

I ordered through https://www.getgcms.com. I had used them previously to order our GCMS notes too. They ask to make the payment, then email us the consent form which we need to sign and send back. Once they get the notes after whatever ETA they have given, they mail those to us.

Also, can someone confirm in how many days you get a reply back after submitting a webform? I did not get any reply after the below standard reply.

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided regarding your application status and have forwarded it to the responsible office.

They will contact you if further information is required or if a decision is made on your application.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Hello All. I am trying to submit webform again as i did not get any response from last time. One of the questions being asked while submitting is “Is your application being processed by an office outside canada?” How would i know in which office my application is being processed?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Got my PR now whats next?

I submitted PR application on 3rd Nov under CEC workstream, medicals passed in 4 weeks. But I haven’t heard back from them. I reached out using web form, they said it is under normal processing time. I know many people have got their PPR in 2 - 2.5 months under CEC. Mine has been stuck for more than 4 months. Is anyone else in the same boat as me? Have you taken any steps to get any insights or updates?

Any help is appreciated!

I think you should not worry until you have finished 6 months as CIC clearly says processing time as 6 months. Each application is different and it’s very random who gets done earlier and who drags on longer.

Hi

I recieved an email from them asking me to redo medicals and send them the report in 30 days time .

The only positive i see is that they have touched my file

2 Likes

That’s great news!

Wow!!! So u got a response finally. Amazing. I am sure u get PPR in less than a month. Yours is overdue.

Did you still send the Mail to them???

No i didnt send them a mail for my medicals … I was sitting quietly . this morning they sent me a mail to redo medicals and submit again .i am abroad at the monet so the earluest i can do is on 23 march now …

They have given me a months time

Yes more than overdue may 8 aor

That’s some relief. You at least know now that someone is on your case.

Hi @rjtbansal and others who have got the COPR Request recently - I got a Request letter in the inbox not an email.

This was the first paragraph - did you guys get this too. My status changed to Background process started as well.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to cic-winnipeg@cic.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I got the same thing. Montreal VO does it this way! Congratulations.

is this a COPR request? most of them got an email so was confused how to understand it

This is the PPR email.

1 Like

Thank you

Can you tell us the timeline for your PR ?