Background Check taking more time than usual

@mrandmrs

Hi, any progress in your case ?

@Wildflower please update here if you receive any message or email from CIC.

One quick question. Is there any adverse effect of change in medical status (of primary applicant) on the application process?? The time left is approx. 35 days for the file to be processed? Shall we wait or inform CIC?

Hi Guys,

I am super pleased to share this news with you guys that today we have received Passport request mail from CIC. Below is the processing time of our application.

AOR - 13th Oct 2018
Medicals Passed(IP1 stage) - 11th November
Went in IP2 stage- 22nd December
PPR mail - 22nd March

Application details -

Country of Residence - India
PR applied with Spouse
Have traveled to Europe for 4 months on Work Permit & several other places in abroad for vacation.

Feel free to reach out to me in case you need any other info.

4 Likes

Nothing yet. Messaged them today to check if we need to redo medicals since they expired on Mar 4 and we still haven’t received any request to redo them.

AOR : 8th Oct 2018
MEP : 7th Nov 2018
Medicals Expired : 14th Jan 2019 (I am a BC-PNP applicant)
IP2 : 20th March 2019

No updates since then. Hoping we all Dreamers get PPR soon.

1 Like

Hi Guys ,

I recived my gcms notes today and it says

eligibility passed

criminality passed

medicals passed ( Though they had asked me to redo medicals this month which I did just 2 days back , so this I think they are replicating from previous medicals )

Security - not started .

Its been close to 11 months as I had my AOR in may 2018.

Any inputs or if someone in the same boat as me

visa office is Ottawa

hi did u receive ur gcms notes or any email pertaining to medicals

I received my gcms today and it says security not started , however all other shows passed

I ordered CBSA notes earlier this month and they take approximately 2 months to arrive so will have to wait and watch what’s in them.

On the other hand, I had raised a CSE last week and heard back last night that my application has moved to New Delhi VO and that I should contact them instead. Thankfully it wasn’t the standard reply I get every time. I have directed the CSE to them and hopefully will hear something from them soon.

Well that’s a positive response as its different from standard replies lets hope we all get the ppr soon. It’s been a long wait for us.

How did u apply for cbsa

Also what does ur gcms notes say. Have u also met the eligibility medicals and criminality

Amd only security is pending

This wait is really painful. I submitted webform and same standard reply as in past which says agent will reach out to me if they need any additional information. Ordered GCMS notes and hopefully that will tell where my application is struck. I am at 7 months 10 days mark now.

Hello Folks. From this morning’s call to IRCC, I am awaiting final decision soon.

Eligibility: Passed
Security: Passed
Criminality: Passed
VO: Etobicoke IRCC (Ontario, Canada)
AOR : 8th October 2018, IP2 - 20th March 2019.

Not sure how long CIC will take to send a PPR or Landing Interview email.

Hi guys I am a little confused about what just happened in my account. Kindly help since you guys know most of the things.
FSW - O INDIA.
Aor 25th Jan.
Mep 5th march. Got mail as acc updated the following day.
Bio 11th Jan dint get mail but profile updated the following day as completed.
Since Aor my Bacground is showing as We are process ur Bacground check will updated if need info.
Just an hour back when I opened acc it should updated and my BG changed to ur application is in process we will let u know when we start BG check.
I loggot out and logged in again it was showing submitted.
Please help?

Sorry bio cleared 11th march.

I think it means BG check really started now .
It will go back to “ we are processing … “ when it’s really complete ( called IP2 in parallel universe ) . That’s when you should expect PPR.

Hi follks,

I saw an update on my account finally. Here is my time line:

AOR: Aug 09 (eAOR)
Meds Passed: Aug 30

Background check: started : Mar 18.
Need additional documents: Schedule A online: deadline Mar 25. ( just 7 days)
Unfortunately, the update email went into spam and I could only submit this document online successfully on Mar 29.

I am concerned that all my hard work will go in vain because of this mistake?

regards,
Venkata Mujje

Raise a cse. And explain them ur situation before they take any action for this

@everyone:

AOR : October 20, 2018
Medical : November 20,2018
PPR : April 1, 2019

Is there a way to convey CIC to extend the my deadline on AOR ?

Thanks

Hello Aditya. Hearty Congratulations. What stream have you applied for? When did you have your BG Check Update?

@ashlun
Thanks. I had applied under FSW program and my 1st BG update completed on 21st November,2018.

Thanks