Background Check taking more time than usual

yes

:sweat_smile::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Congrats @knighthood83. Patience was the key I believe. Can you please share your Country of residence and your nationality?

Nationality - Indian
COR - US

1 Like

Congrats @knighthood83. Patience is indeed the key I guess :slight_smile:
No status updates in between medicals and “background check started” right?

Ya none. After medicals I got the ppr nothing in the between. All the best to you as well. Hope things work out soon

Thanks man! Yea I am at the 3 month mark so getting antsy. Guess just gotta wait it out…

I got my PPR email yesterday. below is my timeline:

ITA - 13 June
AOR - 30 July
IP1 - 23 August
PPR - 15 October

The status changed to “background check has started” which triggered email. Based on the reported experience and timelines of other people, I assumed mine would take a while but I was surprised yesterday.

3 Likes

thats great:) congrats alagram:), may I know ur crs scrore? I also submitted around the same time, July 7th!(AOR) Thats great news then, slowly ircc is knocking out July!

thanks @northwing_90

CRS - 453

Hi Guys,

I’m an Indian National living in AU.

My AOR was 1st June 2018.
Medicals got done on 14th June 2018 and the background checked started on the 15th October 2018.

I checked my Junk Mail and my inbox for PPR but nothing yet. My csr score was / is 478.

Any leads or updates will be appreciated!

Any update on your application?

For me, back in 2017, it took 4.5 months from AoR to PPR. Technically CIC is supposed to evaluate applications in 6 months. So if it’s been 6 months since you got AOR, I wouldn’t worry much, and attempting to contact them will not be useful. The only exception is if you have to leave your current country of residence, and/or there is a significant change in your circumstances (getting married, having a kid etc), is when you should contact CIC.

anshul,

do you know from what date does the the 2 years out of 5 years rule start… I mean the 5years start from what date…

From Medical date?
From Approval date?
From first landing date?
From the date PR Cards are issued?
or
Some other date?

1 Like

Landing date.

2 Likes

Hey Sourabh, Any update on your application?

No update yet, background check says "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. "…been 2 months now since AOR. Medical passed was the only update I received.

Oh Okay thank you for the update- how long did it take to get the medicals passed

2 weeks from AOR

1 Like

e-AOR Sep 13th 2018
Medical passed Oct 11th 2018
Anxiously waiting as there is no change from IP1 (Background check) since Oct 11th!!!

My status currently shows this:
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.