Need help! PR refusal

@lamba.satveer, I also got refusal without even asking for documents. Just curious to know have you got the decision of the your second express entry application. As I also need to re- apply for it.

@Navneet_Kang, what does your refusal letter say? Is it similar to @lamba.satbeer’s? If it is, you might want to check your work experience letter(s) and whether you selected the appropriate NOC.

Hi @Navneet_Kang, yes I received PPR recently after applying again. Few changes in my application included changing the NOC code to 2174 and adding more details in experience letters. You can still try to appeal to reconsider your application and send more documentation, though they did not accept my appeal and asked me to apply again.

3 Likes

@lamba.satbeer and @Navneet_Kang do we need to submit our Medical again.

Thanks
Bharat C P

@lamba.satbeer were did you face any issue while re-applying.

Thanks
Bharat C P

@BharatNT2IE : No issues while reapplying. They did not ask me to do medical initially but i figured out that they would only provide little time to do the landing(depending on when medical is expiring, mine expired 4 months before they requested for passport). I asked them that I would like to get more time for landing and want to do the medicals again. So they asked me to the medical again and have 1 year for landing compared to may be one or two months if I had not requested to take the medical again.

But you answer your question, you might not need to do the medical again.

1 Like

@lamba.satbeer i cannot tell you how much your response helps me. I also applied with the wrong NOC code and i am thinking i should withdraw my application, because i am sure i will get a denial. So i withdraw now or wait for the denial and re-apply. Is there anyway i can create a new profile.

Thanks
Bharat C P

How are you sure that you applied for wrong NOC code? Are you experience letters detailed and do they match the NOC code job description? Mine initial letters did not have much detail in it.

Important Clarification:
A lot of people here reading this thread are deducing that the rejection was because of wrong NOC code. To be clear, as @avj mentioned upon reviewing my experience letters the rejection could have been because of 2 reasons :

1. The experience letter did not have much detail in it.
  2. I believe that the code was wrong. I applied with 2173 initially which I think is more of a Software Manager/Lead role and I’m a software developer.
    There is no way to be sure if it was one of the above reason or a combination of both that caused the rejection.

A piece of advice is to read the NOC job description multiple times and find the best fit for your role. This can vary person to person.

Hi there!
Hope you are doing well. I saw your thread on resubmitting the updated experience letter. Would you be able to confirm how long did it take for the CIC to reconfirm the details?
One of my friend is in the same situation & it would be really helpful to get a high level understanding( I do understand all the cases are diff but just as a guideline:))

Thanks! Appreciate the help and all the best on your application.

Regards,
Appy

I submitted the updated experience letter on 12-Sep-2018 and got a reply on 27-Sep-2018 saying below:

“Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the following document:
Vivake_netapp_experience_updated.pdf
We have forwarded it to the responsible office for their consideration.”

The signature of the email had a specific IRCC agent, so I think this was not an automated response.

After that email, I did not get any update on my application and it was just stuck in “In Progress” for months. I kind of gave up and forgot about it.

Then suddenly, on 31-July-2019 (almost 10 months after submitting the updated experience letter), got a message in my application to pay the Right to Permanent Residence fee!

After that received email to send the passports. Now I have received the VISA/COPR.
Also worth noting that my Medicals exipired on 19-April-2019, but they automatically extended it till 31-December- 2019 which gives me about 4 months to land now.

So to summarize: submitting the updated experience letter worked, it just took a while in my case.

1 Like

Ah!! Wow, 10 months! I am glad you received it and they extended the medical timeline! Congratulations!

Thanks for the detailed explanation! This helps.

Thanks
Appy

Hello, when did you re-apply again. Also for the second time was the process quicker ? I just want to know the timelines and if possible your CRS Score. Also i could not find your reference letter. Can you send them to me.

Thanks
Bharat C P

@lamba.satbeer can you tell me how much time from AOR did it take for you to receive this notification. Also when you re-applied you had to say your application was initially refused right. Can you tell me the procedure from the time of your refusal.

Thanks
Bharat C P

Hi there!
I have the same issue as mentioned above.
Years ago, I had initially chose NOC 1311 - Accounting Technicians and Bookkeepers as primary occupation on my profile when I started working. And then gradually my role changed to that of accountant but I didn’t amend my profile. Recently I have obtained a letter of interest from Alberta but I have obtained my detailed reference letter from work with NOC 1111 - FInancial Auditors and Accountants.
I have obtained a letter on my profile saying that my work experience is not the same job as my primary NOC.
What should I do?

Hello. Pls is this enough for proof of work experience ? If one can’t produce payslips ? I have read through comments. Some added payslip. Others did not. Am a bit confused.

When I applied I had read on several forums and stating the following in the work experience were highly recommended.

1. Joining date , end date (or current date, if current job)
  2. Full-time & Number of hours/week
  3. Title & a brief job description / responsibilities.
  4. Annual salary - base + bonus(es)

Having that brief job description helps.

Thanks a lot

hi, can you share your experience. I have asked for an extension too. But I got same response like you got. Does that mean I will get an appropriate response from the responsible office or I got an extension. Please help.

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us that you are taking the necessary steps in order to submit your passport that is required for your application.

The information you provided was forwarded to the responsible office.

We invite you to provide the document as soon as possible in order to ensure the process of your application continues as smoothly as possible.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

Yes they will give you extension… For me they had replied after the last date had already passed… but i was hopeful and they replied after more than a month…