Passport Return from CPC Ottawa

Congrats, How long is the visa good for and did they tell when you can land or exempt from travel restrictions?

Happy to share that my parents status in myCIC has been changed to APPROVED at about 5:15pm today. They are currently in Canada on Visitor Visas.
PPR - 16 March
Passport delivered to Ottawa - 19 March
Approved in myCIC - 12 May
Return tracker activation - Awaited

2 Likes

I got an update again.

PPR: 10th Mar, 2020
Approval: 6th May, 2020

Return tracker activation: 12th May, 2020

1 Like

Long time reader, first time poster. Thanks for a wonderful thread which acts as a support group! Currently residing in the US and getting a little stressed about my application not being processed since March 17th so wanted to see if there’s anyone in the same boat.
PPR: 13th Mar, 2020
Passport received by CPC Ottawa: 17th Mar, 2020
Haven’t gotten any updates so far and sending a webform request has not helped either. I know it’s taking longer than usual for processing but it seems like mine is taking particularly longer? Thanks

I’m in the same condition as you. I also live in the US. PPR email March 10th, passport was delivered in Ottawa March 17th. No updates yet. Webform didn’t help either.

Few minutes after writing this reply I checked my status and saw a message that my application has been approved. It was approved on the 12th of May. I wish you all the best!

3 Likes

Wonderful, happy for you. Unfortunately no good news here yet, thanks for your wishes. Hopefully I’ll hear something soon too.

2 Likes

Hey guys!! Good news!!
My application was approved yesterday :))))))

I’m a bit lost now, I checked the tracking number for the returning mail but it is not activated yet.

Does anyone know what happen after this “approval” step?

Congratzzz to the new approvals, very happy for you all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been in the same situation and knew how stressful it is. You already got PPR, so your application is almost processed and the delay is all because of this COVID-19.

2 Likes

Hi
I called CIC , the Agent told me that my copr is printed yesterday day !
What does it mean !

From Ontario, Canada , passport delivered to cpc-Ottawa on 19th March .

Thanks in advance!

Mine was delivered on Match 17th. I am yet to see any updates on my CIC application profile page.

I have re-sent inquiry to CIC, no responses yet.

How about the others who have posted here? Have all / most of you seen an update?

most of the times, you wont get any status updates until COPR

My first inquiry sent to CIC in April - I got a response (pasted somewhere above). But no response so far. As you mentioned, probably not much to expect in terms of updates, which is why I’m asking here to see if others have had any luck in terms of return label tracking enabled / application approval, etc etc.

In my case, the only updates I have seen in the portal are PPR in march and Approved in may. I got to know that my return tracker got activated through FedEx

Good to know - thank you

Hi,

How did you call them… Are they accepting calls…?

Hi @imm-can our passports were received on March 17th and we confirmed with ircc about receiving it. Did you raise any other ircc request to get the latest status. It looks like the process is slow due to current situation but has any request raised helped accelerate the process. Any input regarding the matter is appreciated.

Hi there ,
Yes, I called 18882422100 number tired few times 3 rd time it’s connected , It was 45 min. wait.
but The agent told be counterfoil done… I don’t know what it is !!!

Thanks.

Your passports are about to be shipped along with COPR, Keep an eye on the tracker.
Congrats !!

Thanks