Passport Return from CPC Ottawa

Congratulations on the PPR, I am also applying from US with AOR Nov 7th and still waiting for PPR.
You are very lucky to receive the PPR just before the lockdown.

Finally got our passports/ CoPR letter today.

PPR: March 13, 2020
Sent: March 17, 2020
Approved on CIC Portal: June 9, 2020
Received PP/CoPR: June 17, 2020

Hi,
Thanks for your responses. I have my PPR on March 24th, passport delivered March 25th and still no response. Is the Ottawa VO closed? That’s what customer service said yesterday? Is it true? How all these COPR got issued? Are they issuing COPR only for PPR approved until March 18th? When will they reopen? Or there is something else that I do not know? Are there people whose PPR issued after March 18th and got their COPR? Any information would be helpful, thanks To you all.

Just received an email to submit my Passport to Ottawa office. Worried looking at everyone’s responses here. Are they taking 3 months+ to return the passport back? Or was that only due to Covid. Trying to understand how much time it usually takes to get the passport back?

Based on my experience, I’d say expect 3 months minimum. If it gets earlier, great, but with situation changing every month, just plan for extended wait time.

Oh wow. Thanks.

Thats a long time to live in US without passport specially with covid situation :frowning:

Hi everyone ,

Latest update:

My passport was delivered March 25th
Case was approved August 6th in the system

Still return tracking not activated, it has been 5 days with the weekend counted, how long does it take to mail the COPR?

Do they update anything in the system to show they mailed them? Should I wait or inquire ?

Good luck to you All.

Oh wow. That long. Congratulations btw. Hope the wait ends for you soon.

Yes it was a long wait, I finally received the COPR yesterday. Good Luck to you all.

1 Like

Hello everyone,

I sent my passport from the US to the CPC ottawa for COPR on July 29th and till now haven’t heard back anything from them. I tried reaching out to them using the web form and as well as by sending email to “CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca” and all seeing is a generic automated response.

If you have already submitted your passport to CPC-Ottawa for visa and/or CoPR issuance, please note that disruptions and restrictions due to COVID-19 may have an impact on processing times, and the current posted processing times may not be accurate. Please rest assured that your documents will be return to you as soon as possible.

is anyone here facing a similar issue and do we have any way to track the passport processing in the cic website?

My passport was delivered on July 30 and no update since then.

Hi it took me 5 months approx to get my COPR, it has been taking them a lot longer than normal to process them.

Hi Everyone,

I finally landed , it has been a long journey for almost a year and a half , but my case took unusually longer time. The lesson is do not despair.

We drove from the US, Canadian agents were very kind, good experience. The only thing that did not go as expected is they won’t accept our friend home to send the card to and handed us change of address form to change our address once we have a permanent and stable address.

I handed them my friend address anyway but not sure if they plugged it in the system or the card will be sent there or not, what I understood from them that it won’t be sent until we submit the change of address once we get a permanent address. I have seen an update on my online account showing documents update and the date we landed but does not show anything about a card that was sent or not. I am not sure how to verify or track that.

Good Luck to you all.

Congratulations @Wally20!

I have been following this thread for a while and would like to share my experience. I just got my COPR approximately two weeks after sending my passport to Ottawa and have seen people from other forums with similar timelines. Hopefully, this means that the delays caused by COVID are going away.

Wow. My passport went to Ottawa in Dec.21. Hope I can get back soon…fingers crossed

1 Like

Looks like we both are watching both this forum and Canada Visa ahm Guru Bhai :slight_smile:

1 Like

PNP-Outland (Ontario) | Country of Residence: US | Country of Citizenship: India | CRS: 1043 | NOC: 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers | IELTS: 11-May-2019 | WES: 24-Jun-2019 | e-APR: 24-Jun-2019 | OINP EOI: 01-Aug-2019 | Nomination Received: 10-Oct-2019 | ITA: 30-Oct-2019 | AOR: 20-Nov-2019 | Primary Office: CIO & VO Sydney, NS Secondary Office: Ottawa, ON | Medicals Passed: 10-Dec-2019 | BioMetrics Invitation Letter: 10-Dec-2019 | GU1 (eMail): 11-Dec-2019 | BioMetrics Completed: 13-Dec-2019 | First Call to IRCC: 8-Jan-2020 | GU2 (no eMail): 9-Jan-2020 (Definitely as a result of RR on Eligibility - Ready to Finalize) | First WebForm (Elig in progress): 31-Jan-2020 | Second WebForm (no changes): 14-Feb-2020 | | Third WebForm (no changes): 24-Mar-2020 | GCMS No. 1 Ordered: 15-Feb-2020 | GCMS No. 1 Received: 25-Mar-2020 | Fourth WebForm (Documents uploaded to justify/support RR on Eligibility): 14-Apr-2020 | Fifth WebForm (no changes, Elig still in progress): 29-Apr-2020 | GU3 (no eMail): 1-May-2020 | Last Call to IRCC: 1-May-2020 | Sixth WebForm (all passed): 6-May-2020 | Seventh WebForm (no changes): 20-May-2020 | GCMS No. 2 Ordered: 26-May-2020 | GCMS No. 2 Received: 15-June-2020 | GCMS No. 3 Ordered: 12-Aug-2020 | GCMS No. 3 Received: 27-Aug-2020 | GU4 (no eMail): 19-Oct-2020 | Call to IRCC: 19-Oct-2020 (No change at all!) | GU5 (no eMail): 16-Nov-2020 | Eighth WebForm (no changes): 3-Nov-2020 | Nighth WebForm (just a try, submitted expedite request): 18-Nov-2020 | GCMS No. 4 Ordered: 19-Nov-2020 | PPR email from CIO: 8-Dec-2020 | Passports Delivered to Ottawa: 14-Dec-2020 | GCMS No. 4 Received: 21-Dec-2020

Medical: Valid (extended till on 20th Oct 2020, realized it from latest GCMS) | Criminality: Currently Valid | Eligibility: Currently Valid | Background Checks: Currently Valid | Security: Currently Valid | Final Decision: | CoPR: | Soft Landing: | Permanent Landing:

Anyone else from US awaiting their Passports and CoPR back from Ottawa? Please let’s keep each other up to date so that we can know Ottawa’s latest operating timelines and pace…

1 Like

I am waiting. We send our photos and copy of passports on 17th December 2020 to Ottawa but still haven’t received COPR. Any one in the same boat? Usually it takes 10days but its taking so long

1 Like

Hi Everyone, final update, I have landed September 1st and just got my PR card in January 8th. It has been a long journey but at the end it is well worth it. In my case every step took longer than usual unfortunately. I e applied March 2019 and it took until January 2021 to get the actual PR card in hand.

I wish all the best and Good Luck.

@karthikb_itpro can i ask you when you send your possport to Ottawa? I have submitted
mine on 17th Dec 2020 but still have not received COPR. No tracking update yet