Police Clearance Certificate

1. Does anyone submitted original passport (issued in India) for PCC in Chicago? OR only notarized copy of passport is sufficient?
  2. Does anyone submitted “PERSONAL PARTICULAR FORM”? If YES, what did you fill in top part of the form where it asks for FROM/TO?

Hi. is it possible if I drop the documents in person at Atlanta consulate along with a pre-paid return mailing envelope because I think I won’t be able to pick them up . Will they work on such arrangement ?

I got my PCC when I was in India on a vacation in June. I came back to the US in July. Will my Indian PCC get invalid since I have travelled outside the country now or does it still hold its validity?

I think it will still be valid.

Thanks, I got my PCC from houston in a week’s time.

1 Like

Having plans to travel to India in January for vacation.

My ITA timelines would probably coincide with that travel.

Can I apply for my Indian PCC now from the Indian consulate before going to India ? Would it still stay valid once I return from India?

Or would I need to apply for a new PCC after returning from India to USA ?

Thanks.

Hi there,
The PCC is valid anywhere between 3-6 months. You could confirm with your consulate on the exact validity and plan accordingly!

Thanks
Appy

Thanks for response @appy22. I checked with Indian consulate and they mentioned there is no expiry for PCC, but it is safe to assume it will be deemed valid for 1 year.

Another question : Do you know if I would need to apply for a new PCC once I return from India (which is a 1 month vacation). Indian Consulate said it is upto the Canadian agency to decide that.

Were you able to finally get a receipt for your PCC request or any updates BEFORE you got your PCC ?
And how many days did it take you to get the PCC from the SF consulate ?

I did get it but took about 1 month at that time, don’t know how long it is taking now. Never did get any notification from consulate about receipt of passport, or processing of PCC or mailing back of passport or anything at al…

I might be repeating some other answers but it’s important to note that these days police clearances are taking time. If you have already submitted your passport to a particular embassy and have deadline coming soon you should mention this in LoE and submit a placeholder proof (e.g. application document for the PCC and/or Tracking info, or if Embassy is willing to give you any document in the interim). Some embassies tend to be quicker that others (e.g. Atlanta is much quicker than SFO afaik). Unfortunately you cannot choose your embassy for the PCC. Which is why new applicants are encouraged to keep the most time-consuming documents/appointments (e.g. ECAs, PCCs, Reference letters, Medical exam dates if unavailable, ready sooner rather than later. For validity duration of PCCs refer: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html#police-cert

I am curious to know if anyone has done what @avj is talking about regarding PCC receipts.

I have sent my application by mail to the SF consulate and it seems like I might have to fly to SF just to get a receipt. I really want to avoid that and wondering if anyone has sent receipts or other documents as a placeholder for the actual Indian PCC.

Someone correctly pointed our earlier that embassies do not issue “receipts”, atleast SFO didn’t when I applied. If anyone has a different experience please elaborate. And if anyone has successfully submitted any proof of PCC application while submitting the EE application we would like to hear that experience.

1 Like

IMO I think it’s worth it to fly out (with the cheapest ticket possible :slight_smile: ) and get the receipt if you can. You will have something legit to submit your (incomplete) application with in case deadline is close by. Better this than losing out on this ITA. That’s what I think the final choice is yours.

I have also recommend to other previously regarding medical tests: sometimes there are simply no dates available at your local physician. It might be worthwhile to consider flying out to a different state and spend a day for medical rather than risking the deadline.

Hello All,

My husband and myself currently live near San Diego and are applying for PR. We are planning to mail our documents to San Francisco Consulate and need to get our documents notarised.

Can someone please help in explaining how to get notarization in California for PCC?

Are color copies accepted and do they notarize the copies or do they only notarize a letter with your signature stating the list of copies / documents?

Most banks will notarize. I had an account in Chase and they did it for free.
Just take the original documents and photo copies of the original documents to the bank. Also note that the presence of both you and your spouse is required for this.

Thank you for the clarification :slight_smile:
Regards,

Hello everyone

Did anyone recently apply for Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) from Chicago consulate and passport issued outside the US.

What is the processing time if you apply in person and do we need to notarize any documents.

I applied in August’18. My passport was issued in India and I live in MI. I drove there by 9.30 and took a ticket once they opened the counter. Waited for a little while and then they called my number, asked what I wanted, made me write a letter explaining why I needed the PCC (simple 3-line letter explaining you need it because you’re applying for PR to Canada) and took my application (make sure you print this from the consulate website and fill it before going). Then they took my passport and the fee, and asked me to come back after 3.30. Went at 3.30 and collected the passport and PCC. A couple of my colleagues did this about a month ago and it was pretty much the same process.

I have a couple of question for the address in the form. Can you please answer them if possible?

What is the Present Address should I get India or US?

Is Permanent address mandatory to fill in the form?

Is your Present and Permanent address same as Passport?

Is your Present and Permanent address is in City or Village in India?