Police Clearance Certificate

I filled my address in MI for my present address. For permanent address, I gave the one mentioned on my passport as my parents still live in the same address in India.

In the instructions they have asked for first 5 pages and last two pages of passport. My passport has only information in first two pages.

Pages 3,4,5 are blank should i take copies of those also.

I don’t recall handing them any copies as they kept my passport till they gave the PCC in the afternoon. But you could take them, just to avoid any last minute hassle after entering the consulate.

Can resident outside of India get PCC from a police station in India based on past records? Will that be valid?
@kapilchandra @siddEE

I lived in couple of places in India while working; will getting police clearance from my home jurisdiction police station be sufficient?

If you are living outside India, get the PCC from the Indian consulate near you. If you are in India, you will need to get the PCC from the Passport Seva Kendra.

1 Like

PCC from local police station will not be valid.

1 Like

@mrandmrs - Hi - Sorry if I’m repeating the question which someone has already asked on the forum. I couldn’t find an exact answer so thought to ask. I moved to the USA in 2009 and haven’t lived in India for a stretch period of six months. I had multiple trips to India in the last ten years, but that wouldn’t add up to six months.
Question - Do I still need to get my PCC from Embassy (Washington DC)?

Thank you - Pankaj

Technically you wouldn’t need to since you haven’t stayed for 6 months in all. However, if I were in this situation, I would still have the PCC available in case I am asked for it at a later stage since that is the home country.

Hi @ChinC, @kapilchandra, @avj and @rjtbansal,

I recently changed my US address. Do I need to provide additional documents with section 9? or only mentioning the old and new address will work?

Thanks!

Please provide more details.

@avj,

I wanted to know if Indian consulate needs proof for new address (like utility bills etc.). But they did not ask for any proof. I went to the SFO consulate. They verified my passport and I-797. I am asked to pick up the PCC after 4 weeks.

Thanks for sharing the information on this forum, its very helpful :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sir/Mam,

I am an Indian working in Singapore. I got the invite for Express entry. Since I am currently working in Singapore, I got Indian PCC from Singapore. I selected Immigration Purposes Other than Citizenship and I got the letter that says

"It is certified that there is no adverse information against [Applicant’ Name] holder of Passport No. [Passport Number] issued at [Place] on [date] which would render him or her ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSE OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP of CANADA."

Is this correct or should I re-apply and ask for another letter that says “Eligible for grant of travel facilities including visa for CANADA” ?

Others hav their letter with this wordings:

Regards,
Mithu

This is the correct one.

Thank you

It is for Canada PR - EE
I have applied for PCC at SFO Consulate by going in-person and they gave me a small receipt with file number They told me it will take about a month.
Its already been 23 days that i have submitted my application and i have no response from them. when i try to check the status - “it says the status of the entered file number is not available in the system”
when i try to call the number , it goes to voicemail, i even emailed them to check the status and haven’t got any reply.
i made my dad go to our local police station to check if hey have got the application for PCC - but they said that they havent got any application for my name.

my ITA expiration deadline is aproaching in 15 days - i am very very worried .

it would be great if you could help me with any other way to check status and if not then what should be my next step. Did anyone face similar situation recently ?

Thanks in Advance !

The only other thing I can think of is going to the consulate in person to check the status.

I got my passport renewed from the New York consulate last year. However, I currently work in the D.C area. Can I visit the NY consulate to get PCC or do I need to visit the D.C consulate only?

Apparently, you can submit your final application, with proof that you have applied for the police clearance, even if it’s not processed yet.
Add a placeholder document that’s proof of application for PCC and mention this in letter of explanation.
You will have to upload the PCC later when you get it.

Hi. I am looking for the same. I am from Missouri, just got an ITA a day back.