Police Clearance Certificate

While filing the form at the consulate, I asked the person who was there at the counter. She told just to write the address, if needed they can get the info of the police station from the address.

1 Like

Really appreciated @sher.sfo :+1:

Hi! did you receive you PCC? if yes, how many days did it take?

I applied mine on 25th of July through mail at SF, still no news from them.

I got a call 4 days ago that my PCC is ready - it is about 27 Days since I submitted. Thats the time line that they are looking at right now.

Yes I did get it, it is taking around 30 days now in SF.

1 Like

Thank you for the reply. I will probably fly to SF to get my passport in that case.

What references (point 10) to provide in Personal Particulars form? Indian or US? I provided US references. However my friend who went to the consulate today says Indian references were needed. Want more clarity on this.

Hello…this is regarding money order for PCC. Can I get money order for my husband’s PCC too? Does the purchaser’s name matter to the Embassy guys?

Secondly, I am going in person to submit my passport etc for the PCC. Is there anything else I need to carry during first visit considering I wish to collect the PCC (instead of shipping) and passport in person too?

I asked at the Consulate and I was told to provide Indian references.

Ohh no that means they will be returning my documents. They had received everything on Aug 4th but i dont even know if they are planning to return it or not.

I saved a trip to NYC and got my PCC through the mail in just 5 days. Just send in the following documentation to the NYC embassy (for CT, MA, NH, NH, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT residents) via USPS (tracked and insured).

1. Original Passport (any expired passports if any)
  2. Miscellaneous Form (available here) - Requires a 2 x 2 passport size photograph.
  3. Self-Addressed return mail (Fold and send it in the outgoing mail. Don’t forget to attach the return label on the return mail)
  4. Document showing a valid US immigration status (I-20, I-94, Visa etc.,)
  5. 2 Money Orders - 2$ towards Indian Community Welfare Fee - ICWF + 40$ (if passport issued in India) or 25$ if issued in the USA) towards Indian Consulate - New York
  6. Copy of address Proof ID - Driving License, Utility Bill etc.,
  7. Copies of front and back pages of Passport, Visa

I strongly recommend that you notarize all photocopies - Free at most banks

Once the documentation is received at the consulate, you’ll receive a call within a day or 2 asking for the country requesting this certificate. Once confirmed, your PP and PCC will get shipped the same day or the next day at the latest.

Good luck!

Wow SF consulate needs to learn something from NYC. As per tracking, my package was received on Aug 4th but till today I dont even know if they have even started processing it.

Hi,
For PCC from Indian consulate, do we have to fill Nationality Verification form over an above Miscellaneous application form?
Also, my husband is a primary applicant, do I have to go there to drop off my documents or he can do so on my behalf? Any insight on this topic is highly appreciated.
Thanks

Hi all quick question,
when documents are sent by mail does the consulate provide any confirmation whether they have received it and started processing? Or they only respond towards the end when the clearance is received? I had mailed to SF consulate and through tracking they received it on Aug 8. I am worried because in Personal Particulars form I entered US references while people are saying it should have been Indian references so I am not sure when will they return it back or have they even started processing yet. I am in the pool for next draw so just want clarity on PCC status. Thanks in advance.

No need to fill Nationality Verification form, just fill Miscellaneous application form.

Thanks a lot for the information!

Sourabh, have you revived your PCC from NY consulate ? How many days did it take ?

Hi,
Can someone tell me whether the consulate in SF provides confirmation regarding receipt of documents and that they will be processing it, once the documents are mailed to them? Or is it that we only come to know once PCC is ready? Thanks in advance folks.

They just gave me one receipt when I went in person to submit the documents . apart from that they didn’t tell me any status updates. I Emailed - passport.sf@mea.gov.in as well after 2 weeks they just said it will take 4 weeks. But since you are mailing them, once your package reaches them you can send an email - they are pretty fast in replying for a receipt whether it reached or not. Processing time right now is 1 month.

Thanks for your response Kapil. Unfortunately, they didnt respond to my email. I emailed on Friday and got a blank response. Looked like the passport person forwarded my email to another person within the consulate. I followed up today again but no response still. Also as per my mail tracking they had received it on Aug 8th.