Police Clearance Certificate

Hi there,
Does anyone have any experience in Chicago embassy with a Indian passport which was issued in India? Reason for the ask being my brother in law applied for the cert and the system says it may take up to 8 weeks for it to be issued.

I do understand that its much quicker for the passports issued in the US. But if anyone has any experience do let me know.

Appreciate the help!

Thanks
Appy

I am looking into NY consulate Website and there is no mention of Personal Particulars Form.

Where should I get it from ?

@hexacode

What about the Personal Particulars Form ? Did you it too ?

I have no idea what a personal particulars form is. If youā€™re referring to nationality verification form on the NY Consulate website, it is OPTIONALā€¦ I didnā€™t send the nationality verification form. The only form that youā€™d need to fill is the Miscellaneous form. The link to it is below:

https://www.indiainnewyork.gov.in/extra?id=eyJpdiI6Ijk5XC9mUm9tYjNFNEJvXC90THh3NHFOdz09IiwidmFsdWUiOiJzOUpwN1wvemFRRmU5QUpZdHAzc3hCUT09IiwibWFjIjoiNThkYWRkMDgxMjMyMDAxMDI5ZDI0NmM2YWM0YmY5YjZmZDhkNDRlZjA3MDEwNTk5OTg5YjBhMDUyZmRmMDI4MCJ9

Hope this helps.

Iā€™m currently residing in the US and I will be moving to India in 2-3 months. Is it okay if I get the PCC now or should I wait to move back to India and get the PCC? Based on CIC website,

For the country where you currently live: this police certificate must have been issued no more than 6 months before the date you submit your application.

For any other country from which you need a police certificate: the police certificate must have been issued after the last time you stayed in the country for 6 months or more in a row .

But does this hold good only till I submit my application or even during the application process? That is, if I move to India after receiving ITA and applying for PR, do I need to get new PCC certificates from both US and India again?

HI Everyone,

1)My passport was issued in India, now nobody was staying in that address which mentioned on my passport. My parents staying in different place. While filling attached document when they ask for permanent address what should i mention ? should i need to mention the address which is there on passport or my parents?

2)Column 8(b) is asking for Present residential address, is it USA address or India address, if it is India address do I have to mention my parents address?

3)Do i have to fill column 10 - 1 and 2 if i am staying in USA for more than three years?

Please suggest

1. Mention the address where your parents are living. Think of it as that address where you will stay when you land in India. I gave my parentā€™s address and as my dad has transferable job we never stay at one place for too long.
  2. 8b is your current address in US
  3. 10(1) and (2) are for references. Now people say that it has to be Indian references but I gave my US references of friends and it got accepted.
    I had applied for my PCC on Aug 8th from SF and got call from them today that it will be delivered next week. So looks like references are not a big deal but do fill it.
1 Like

Thanks Rjtbansal for your information. That means i can specify my parents address even my passport issued somewhere else.?

Yes doesnt really matter where your passport is issued. For example, my passport was issued in Nagpur while the address I gave is in Hyderabad because thats where they are now.

@bvkvamsi,

Which form is this ?

TIA

Misc Particulars Performa

@rjtbansal

Thanks, New York consulate has a totally different format for this form.

Thanks for the info rjtbansal.

Please download it from respective consulate website. they are using some different forms.

@avj, @kapilchandra, @rjtbansal I am thinking of going to SF consulate in person. I have some questions,

1. In section 8A, they are asking for permanent address along with Police station. I donā€™t know the police station name. Is that mandatory?
  2. In section 10, under reference we should add two references from India right?
  3. How long does it take for PCC? Do they give your passport back same day?
  4. Also, can someone please quickly summarize the list of documents that I should carry?

Big thank you all of you !

1 Like

1 ā€“ No need to provide the police station name, they will get it from the address if needed.
2 ā€“ Yes
3 ā€“ One month, yes passport will be returned same day.
4 ā€“ Refer the link
http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236

All the information regarding the required docs is given.

1 Like
  1. I didnt know either i just googled the nearest one near my house in india and added it there - the same i did for every address it asked for Police station
    2.Yes that is right, i added a neighbor who lived nearby and a relative in the same area.
  2. No it takes a month exactly
  3. http://www.cgisf.org/page/display/143/236 - What ever document it says just take them originals and copies as listed in the link. I just followed it blindly and submitted them and got it in a month
1 Like

@sher.sfo, @kapilchandra Thank you for quick responseā€¦ Appreciated !!

I donā€™t recall seeing this form.

@avj Quick question: Do i need to get all my police certificates again since i just moved my house after receiving them?