Sending passports from US to Ottawa

one question , does this re-submission request comes directly from Ottawa office or u get email from generic IRCC email address (Like AOR emails). Please share

The request came from CPC Ottawa.

1 Like

Thanks for the info …

Can you please give some idea about when did you reach Canada and if you moved from US, what was the best method of transportation/airlines as per your findings? Thank you

Hello,

I recently got PPR after long time. I am searching for good instruction on how to create the return shipment envelop either using FedEx or UPS and cannot find anything.

Can someone point to how to do this please? I already have FedEx and UPS accounts. I want to know what to do so I don’t lose my passport.

Also, do I have an option to submit the passport at the Canadian consulate or visa application center in New York? There is no mention of this in the email, but I am seeing people talking about it on the forums.

Thank you!

The return label can be created using this right? I was able to create one with this. Following this link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account/where-submit-passport/cross-border-shipment-instructions.html

The question country of manufacturing I gave it as US is that okay since this is the return label? Someone please help with this. Thanks!

Someone shared this info in the group.

Hi, today I received an email from IRCC stating the photos are not matching the specifications…and asked me to send the photos in 7 days…any idea which studios to take photos in USA…

Sram,

All such questions have been answered earlier in Movnorth, just reposting it.

Reposted:-

Get photos online, it worked for me and it has worked for many. I recently got my family’s PR cards .

Step 1. Click your own picture from cell phone or camera
Step 2. Go to vistafoto.com and upload your best raw image. Pay 7 dollars and get your Canadian photos to exact specifications on 4x6 sheet online.
Step 3. Go to snapfish.com and upload the 4x6 sheet and select matte finish, choose nearest Walmart or CVS whichever you prefer (just for printing the 4x6 sheet), because specifications are already set by vistafotos.
Step 4. Find any dummy studio address in your nearest city and write the studio information at the back
Step 5. Ship it to CIC.

Please click a decent photo on your cell phone with neutral expression and good daylight.

Were you able to solve this issue? I’m going through the same issue.

The Fedex online portal is not accepting my credit card with a US billing address for the return label.
The same issue is happening at the Fedex store as well.

Hi, did you pack it as a document or passport? The fedex guy told me passport is not a document. How much did it cost?

Hi, while sending the passport did you send it as a document or mentioned it as a passport?How much did it cost?

How much it did cost with UPS?

We live in USA and send the Passports to Ottawa - any idea whats the wait time - we sent the passports on May 24th and they received on May 25th -

Do you have any update so far? I received my PPR on June 3, but I have an international flight overseas on July 3, so thinking to still send my passport, however I am worried if I will get it on time before my flight.

All, thoughts?

@mrandmrs hi guys, I have submitted my documents while I was in India (mid Feb) and recently only like 2 weeks ago I moved to the USA (Atlanta). I just received the letter (with Header saying Primary Office: Montreal Immigration, and footer saying Immigration section New Delhi) PPR requesting passports within 30 days. But in the letter it is mentioned to refer https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/ for passport transmission instructions. This takes me to VAC in countries that are outside North America.

Where as I know that people in USA would be asked to send to CPC OTTAWA address directly instead of VAC in USA (New York / Los Angeles).
When i called the VAC customer care in USA, the representative mentioned that it is Ok to send the package to VAC Newyork /Los Angeles).

What are your thoughts on this ? I am preparing to send to VAC New York.

Regards,
Venkata Mujje

@srhere @avj Would appreciate your thoughts.

We had applied from India so our passports were sent to Delhi. If you spoke to VAC customer care already and they suggested US submission is ok, I think it should be fine.

Yes. Thanks for the reply. I have received this reply from.Newyork VAC saying that its valid worldwide unless a specific address is mentioned. I am.waiting for reply to webform for a week and if i dont receive further response. I will go ahead and submit the pasports at VAC- NEWYORK.