Submitting passport for PR visa stamp

Thanks for the info. We have gotten our revised PPR request. Any idea where in Milwaukee anyone can get the photos stamped as per the PPR requirement?

I don’t know about that, I took from VFS center here in Bangalore.

1 Like

The photos must have all the details required by CIC: Name, DOB, Name of studio, date photo was taken etc.

2 Likes

HELLO GUYS!

I sent my passports to Ottawa yesterday for COPR processsing from US. Fedex just gave me a return envelope and a airway bill(with my address as a recipient on it and fedex account written on it) which I included in the mail , they didn’t generate any return label. Fedex employee said fedex in Canada will scan this airway bill and will create the label based on that. is that how it works ?
Thanks

Hello,

Finally got the golden email. Thanks everyone for your help on this forum.
Quick question: For sending the photos , all I need to put on the back is Name, DOB, Name of Studio and Address of Studio + Stamp of Studio. Right ? Anything else???

Also, for folks in US, sending the passports to Ottawa, is there anything else that you need to send other than the following 4 documents:

1. Passports for everyone in the application.

2. Photos

3. Annex A (only 1 in total, or 1 each for everyone in the family??? )

4. Return envelope.

Thanks and appreciate your help folks.

1 Like

Hi @truseju… can u plz reply to this post,
Primary Applicant (Canada) & Spouse (India) in different countries - sending passports issue

Kindly need ur advise on this plz. Also anyone with similar experience, plz help

Hi!
Could you please tell how many days did VFS, New York take to send your passports back. And, we just have to send passports, 2 photos for each , Annex (signed by primary applicant only) , and return envelope ?

Thanks.

I sent my passports to Ottawa office, not new york.
Received it in exactly 2 weeks.

and yes the list of document is complete. that’s all we need.

Hello Guys ,

We had sent our documents to VFS Newyork for stamping, but they returned it saying that the information was missing. They need a consent form and a money order for 19 dollars ? Does anyone know what that might be ?

@jasneetmatharu Go to this website:

https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/

Thank you for the link. Is there a post detailing the procedure ? Do all the applicants need to sign the consent form and is the fee 19.90 USD per applicant?

@jasneetmatharu Yes to both the procedure and the fee.

when I applied for work permit, I had to get the signed consent letter as it’s needed for authorizing VFS to send your passports to CIC in Canada.
and yes, the fee is 19.90 per applicant. you could get a banker’s check per applicant.

Thanks. How do we send the consent form of minor ? Can parents sign it on behalf of the child?

Thank you. In the consent form, there is a section about biometric information. Did you give them permission to collect the biometric information? We are not required to submit any biometrics for our PR application.

if biometrics are not required, then just leave it unanswered. for infant, I did send an extra consent form signed by me.

Why the consent form and the fees aren’t mentioned in the Request letter?

In the request letter, CIC has just mentioned a link to the website for VFS New York, but nowhere was it written that we have to follow those guidelines. Also, the VFS NY guys want us to send my child’s original passport (she is a US citizen). The request letter clearly mentioned that they won’t need passports from Visa exempt countries(only a photocopy would suffice).
I would suggest to just call and confirm with VFS NY first before sending any documents.

Thank you so much for the information. One more question did your letter from CIC mentioned that you could only send pre-paid USPS envelopes?

Yes, the return envelope must be from USPS (greater than 7.35 dollars) considering the fact that they have to send back the passports and COPR documents.