URGENT Corona Virus Impact on Landing

Update: So I am back in the US after finishing my PR landing and staying in Canada for 14 days. I used AVR on my H1B. It took a little more time on the customs (10 minutes more) but I had all my papers with me organized and ready to show. The customs officer and boarding pass lady both knew AVR and I had no issues.

2 Likes

Anyone here entered US on road recently ?

Did they ask about why you visited Canada?
Also, when you entered Canada, did you tell them that you are “soft” landing ?

Yes
No. I was not asked.

2 Likes

great… congrats on this overall process in tough situation…

Did they check original petition i797 or the printed copy or didn’t ask for that?

Did they not ask you why you want to enter usa considering only essential travel is allowed now?

Getting back to work is an essential travel.
I797A H1B approval is proof of that. Yes they checked the original one.

1 Like

I asked that because i did n’t receive original yet and i can have a printed copy… I am planning to go by road in personal car… Any idea if they are still allowing US Plated car to enter there?
This is not for soft landing… I already have pr card.

Citizens and PRs are allowed on both the sides. I’m also planning to enter by road for soft landing.

Couldn’t find anyone who entered back US by road recently. I guess you might be the first one :slight_smile:

plz check about US plated car … Somebody told you need to temporarily import car otherwise they don’t treat it as essential travel.

Looks like we just need to declare. which is fine. am I missing something?

https://www.tc.gc.ca/en/services/road/importing-vehicle/temporarily.html#_If_you_become

When you entered canada, did you give your Airbnb address or different address to mail the PR card?

No I gave my Calgary address.

Hi Bro,
Congratz on your Landing. I have expired F1 visa and a Approved H1b which is not yet stamped. So from what I read I think I am eligible for the AVR option on H1b. Could you please let me know what are the documents they have asked? YOu made your travel by flight right?

Carry all documents related to F1, i20s, i94s, OPT, EAD etc
Most importantly, carry i-797a approval Notice, copies of that and passport with F1 Visa.

Thanks Bro. My COPR end date is July 13th. I am planning to travel by road on July 1st to be on the safe side. Let me know if you have suggestions for me. Hope the situation will not be bad by then. Thanks again bro.

I didn’t travel by road so I don’t know. ADB!

@here So I sent three emails to CIC before I travelled and got no response (due to this situation). After I was done with my landing + 14 days quarantine, I received this mail from CIC saying:
We have received your request to extend the duration within which you can confirm your status as a permanent resident. Please be assured that your application will not be refused if you are unable or unwilling to travel as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

So looks like

, if you drop an email, they would not refuse your candidature

``

Thanks for the update, @sp2410. Since it was not a WebForm, could you please share the email ID of CIC to which you’d drafted the email?

It was a web from. I submit requests through it and they reply to the email directly

Can you give brief explanation about the landing process? Is it by phone ? Done when you arrive? What they ask for? Do they verify funds? How long does it take? What type is f quarantine plan you should have? Can temporary hotel or Airbnb reservations be accepted ? Thanks