Your friend might have moved under some family based immigration process. With Express Entry “proof of work” is mandatory for all the jobs and for all the years of experience that you have claimed in the application.
Look at this page on the CIC website “Application completeness check for Express Entry”. Under “
Mandatory documents for all applicants” it says “Proof of Work”. You can click on it to reveal details.
A letter of reference or experience from the employer. This should be an official document printed on the company letterhead. It must contain:
- The applicant’s name
- The company’s contact information i.e. the address, the telephone number and the e-mail address
- The details of the immediate supervisor or the personnel officer at the company i.e. the name, title and signature
- The letter must specify all the positions held while employed at the company
- It must also include the following details:
- The job title
- The job duties and responsibilities
- The job status (if it is the current job)
- The dates worked for the company
- The number of work hours per week and,
- The annual salary plus benefits